• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Beginning of Camino Vasco del Interior

AML

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Sept 2013
Norte/Primitivo May/June 2014
Vasco del Interior/ Burgos - Leon/Del Salvador/Primitivo May/June 2015
Ourense - Santiago Sept 2015
Camino Ingles Sept 2015
Porto-SDC Sept/Oct 2016
Im going to walk Camino Vasco del Interior, start 15 May. I intend to stay in Albergue de peregrino Irun. How to get to the route from this albergue?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Im going to walk Camino Vasco del Interior, start 15 May. I intend to stay in Albergue de peregrino Irun. How to get to the route from this albergue?

I did not stay at the albergue because it was not open when I started my Vasco March 30, 2012.
But I walked to the albergue and checked the location. It was hard to find it but it is a great albergue.
I stayed in a hotel close to the French - Spanish border and started walking from Hendaye, France. The Camino Vasco is well signed from the City Hall Ajuntamiento de Irun. Quite soon the Camino Norte will be on you right and you have to choose the Vasco which is to the left.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-04-12 10.12.40.png
    Screenshot 2015-04-12 10.12.40.png
    175.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I did not stay at the albergue because it was not open when I started my Vasco March 30, 2012.
But I walked to the albergue and checked the location. It was hard to find it but it is a great albergue.
I stayed in a hotel close to the French - Spanish border and started walking from Hendaye. The Camino Vasco is well signed from the City Hall Ajuntamiento de Irun. Quite soon the Camino Norte will be on you right and you have to choose the Vasco which is to the left.

Thanks Annie, sounds easy enough, just walk from albergue to City hall and then i find my Way!
Thanks for your info

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I stayed in a hotel close to the French - Spanish border and started walking from Hendaye, France. The Camino Vasco is well signed from the City Hall Ajuntamiento de Irun. Quite soon the Camino Norte will be on you right and you have to choose the Vasco which is to the left.

May I ask where you got your pilgrim's passport stamped in Hendaye? I'll be walking the Camino a week before Easter next year so I presume the albergue will be closed if it was closed for you at the end of March.

I am leaving Irun on May 4 and am staying in hendaye the night before as my train doesn't arrive till quite late. I shall try and post some things here as I travel so keep looking. I intend to go to Burgos direct rather than than via santo Domingo. It all looks pretty straightforward, just remember to turn left other wise you will be on the northern route! Buen Camino Plok

I am leaving Irun on May 4 and am staying in hendaye the night before as my train doesn't arrive till quite late. ....Buen Camino Plok

Since you are stopping in Hendaye overnight a good, simple hotel is the Hotel de la Gare, rue des Desportes, which is 1 minute from the rr station and in another direction 1 minute from the International bridge into Spain.

There is also a pilgrim albergue in Hendaye on re de la Fontaine which is 3 blocks or so from the rr station.

Buen camino!

Last edited:
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I am leaving Irun on May 4 and am staying in hendaye the night before as my train doesn't arrive till quite late. I shall try and post some things here as I travel so keep looking. I intend to go to Burgos direct rather than than via santo Domingo. It all looks pretty straightforward, just remember to turn left other wise you will be on the northern route! Buen Camino Plok
Just for clarification: anyone who stays in the albergue in Irun will find arrows on the footpath outside the front door, left (as you leave the albergue) for Norte and right for Vasco del Interior. I hope you enjoy the trip. David

Just for clarification: anyone who stays in the albergue in Irun will find arrows on the footpath outside the front door, left (as you leave the albergue) for Norte and right for Vasco del Interior.
That first marker may point you in the right direction but last year we didn't spot any other markers until we reached the Ayuntamiento. From there the waymarking was very good.
AML: where are you planning to spend your first night?

Hola, AML!
If all goes well I'll start from Bayonne around 15-17th May. After Burgos to Leon on CF will take Salvador/Primitivo combo and on to Fisterra. For Via de Bayona allowing myself 15 days (1 rest day in Vitoria/Gasteiz included) and first stop in Ciboure then Irun and Santiagomendi. Well, that's the plan but... ;)
Maybe we'll meet on the way.

Ultreia!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hola, AML!
If all goes well I'll start from Bayonne around 15-17th May. After Burgos to Leon on CF will take Salvador/Primitivo combo and on to Fisterra. For Via de Bayona allowing myself 15 days (1 rest day in Vitoria/Gasteiz included) and first stop in Ciboure then Irun and Santiagomendi. Well, that's the plan but... ;)

Ultreia!
Stop the presses, kinky! Does this we may meet up? I'm starting the Ebro on May 18, and will jump from Burgos to Leon on a train to be able to walk the Salvador/Primitivo. What's your tentative arrival date in Santiago? I think mine is early July or maybe a little earlier, but I don't have access to my notes here.

Stop the presses, kinky! Does this we may meet up? I'm starting the Ebro on May 18, and will jump from Burgos to Leon on a train to be able to walk the Salvador/Primitivo. What's your tentative arrival date in Santiago? I think mine is early July or maybe a little earlier, but I don't have access to my notes here.
Hola,
I guess you get so many alerts you've missed this one from Saturday:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...inning-where-does-it-begin.36948/#post-392382
:D

Hola, AML!

Ultreia!

Hi Kinkyone,
ive already walked this way last may! Its a thread from last april.
Also i continued to Leon, then the Salvador and Primitivo to Santiago.
wishing you a buen camino☺

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Kinkyone,
ive already walked this way last may! Its a thread from last april.
Also i continued to Leon, then the Salvador and Primitivo to Santiago.
wishing you a buen camino☺
Oh, now I see the date :D
Sorry for disturbance.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back