• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Beilari (previously L' Esprit du Chemin)

petro

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2008 April/May) (2011 May/June) (2014 May/June), Camino Primitivo (May 2016)
Stayed at Beilari (previously L'Esprit du Chemin) and I am happy to report that the spirit is alive an well in Beilari! The new owners are very nice and they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. So rest assured if you have a booking there - you cannot go wrong. I am in valcarlos now. I have decided to do this route because I have walked the Napoleon twice before. When mentioning this to the people at the pilgrim's office they strongly advised against it saying it is not as scenic. Sure, you do not have the spectacular mountain views but I found it to be a beautiful country walk and I would not hesitate to walk it again. And it is.not flat! You have your fair share of ups and downs. The municipal albuerge is very nice and clean (WiFi) only two of us staying here tonight.

Buen camino.
Petro

:mad: I do not know how to remove the angry face it should not be there!

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you for your review. I have booking there on May 26th but made it when it was the Esprit and was waivering on whether to keep it or let it go.

While I hope to do the Napoleon route this first time, I would probably do as you on future walks.

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We might - I am a slow walker!

Last year another South African forum member and I met at Stanstead, flew next to each other and saw each other on and off along the way. So you never know!

Buen Camino Al!

May you have great weather and unlimited energy.

On the way to Valcarlos there is a good place to stop for a coffee and snack at Arneguy next to the gas station and shopping center. In Valcarlos be sure to ask to visit the church; the altarpiece depicts Santiago Matamoros riding his horse.

I look forward to reading your new camino posts.

Carpe Diem,

Margaret Meredith

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Stayed at Beilari (previously L'Esprit du Chemin) and I am happy to report that the spirit is alive an well in Beilari! The new owners are very nice and they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. So rest assured if you have a booking there - you cannot go wrong. I am in valcarlos now. I have decided to do this route because I have walked the Napoleon twice before. When mentioning this to the people at the pilgrim's office they strongly advised against it saying it is not as scenic. Sure, you do not have the spectacular mountain views but I found it to be a beautiful country walk and I would not hesitate to walk it again. And it is.not flat! You have your fair share of ups and downs. The municipal albuerge is very nice and clean (WiFi) only two of us staying here tonight.

Buen camino.
Petro

:mad: I do not know how to remove the angry face it should not be there!

Thanks for the heads up on the Beilari. I'll be staying there in September. Hopefully more forum members will keep us posted on the new owners.
Buen Camino
p.s. the angry face is pretty cute! :)

Petro, great to hear! I am staying there mid September. Was hoping it would be in the "spirit" of L'Esprit du Chemin. They were good about sending me an email and letting me know of the changes.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The new owners are passionate about the camino and pilgrims, you will not be disappointed.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.