• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Being a Christian on the Camino

Daxzentzu

Time of past OR future Camino
FRANCES (2018) in planning
There's a massive volume of information in this place. I seek more insights about what it's like to be a Christian on the camino
Are there Christians here who might point me in the right direction.

Dax
In Pune, (a work in progress)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Difficult question. Just like 'What's it like to be a non-Christian on the Camino' the answer will probably be different for each individual, but I imagine similar themes would emerge among both groups. I'm thinking of humanity, spiritual refreshment, reflection, challenge etc. Christianity gives a perspective through which these experiences are understood and taken forward. ('Other perspectives are available', as they would say on the BBC).

Where the Camino really comes into its own is in understanding the history of the faith, and how it changes over time. There is that great link with tradition, the churches, the legends, the monasteries etc. Also the more challenging aspects such as depictions of St James slaying Moors, which perhaps don't effectively relay the Gospel message.

Personally for me it brought me back/closer to my faith, but I think that maybe the Camino was just a catalyst among many other factors such as my personal circumstances, time of life etc.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Others will probably be wiser, as I'm not able to speak from experience yet. In preparing for my up-coming camino I fiound this practical & candid first-person account by a Catholic priest to be encouraging, thought-provoking and pragmatic. I like that the author treats himself as a 'work in progress'.

To the Field of Stars: A Pilgrim's Journey to Santiago de Compostela, by Kevin A. Codd

It is written as one pilgrim's diary. Sometimes indirectly, it touches on the ups & downs of communal life on the Way, sacramental experiences, lessons in foot care & pain (!), self-awareness, prayer, contrasts between religiosity & faith, aspects of 'ministering' (or not) to the various needs of self or others, etc . It is not 'pious' in its tone and the author is very human and conscious of it. Here's a link to some reviews.

http://books.google.ca/books?id=cYXkq1uueQcC&source=gbs_navlinks_s

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
For me being a Christian is... being a Christian. Maybe one has more opportunities to practice this on the Camino as you interact with so many people who need something even if its only encouragement and support and the Camino seems to bring the best out in most people, its in the very soul of it.

For me being a Christian is... being a Christian. Maybe one has more opportunities to practice this on the Camino as you interact with so many people who need something even if its only encouragement and support and the Camino seems to bring the best out in most people, its in the very soul of it.

Yep!

But if you need a bit more definition I would recommend two things:

1. Strive to be aware of the Two Great Commandments at all times.

2. Put that astounding account of the Sermon on the Mount on a small card and laminate it. On the Camino, meditate upon each of the points.

If you are lucky (or blessed) you may finish the Camino with these carried firmly into in your daily life....or maybe not. But you asked for insights.

(Personally, I find being a practicing Christian involves a lot more "practice" than "being Christian".;))

B

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It feels like I am burning with a deep hunger for Christian insights and I need to feed it.
Thank you for the suggestion about acquiring "To the Field of Stars: A Pilgrim's Journey to Santiago de Compostela" by Kevin A. Codd.
I have it now, and I am looking forward to reading it.

Dax

It feels like I am burning with a deep hunger for Christian insights and I need to feed it.
Thank you for the suggestion about acquiring "To the Field of Stars: A Pilgrim's Journey to Santiago de Compostela" by Kevin A. Codd.
Dax

Read the introduction and the beginning of the first chapter (as part of an order offer) I have now ordered a copy. Thanks for the pointer Dax it looks a very good read. We are all a work in pr:)gress!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It seems that most "periginos" plot their way by where they sleep and eat.
Is it possible to plot my way based upon the churches on the way.
Are there any resources to enable this.

Dax

Dax,

Just follow the path marked by the yellow arrows, one step at a time, and try not to plan too much or carry particular expectations. Live simply, think openly. Take time to look and see, listen and hear, touch and feel. Dare to lose your self in the hope of finding yourself.

Dax

Every village and pueblo along the Camino Francese has at least one church and, in many places, several. Most of them have services in the evening, usually about 6.30 or 7.00-- ask locally and you will be directed. Hours spent googling will get you lots of information and pictures of these churches, if that helps.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Dax

The millions of pilgrims who made this track did so by travelling in faith from church to church, from one Christian refuge to the next, until they reached Santiago. When they reached a church they stopped, worshipped and rested, and the sleeping and resting places were built to serve their needs. I have read that Santiago is the only city in the world that came into being because it was a sacred site - the town grew up to serve the pilgrims, rather than a city or town that already existed and later became the site of some holy event.

So there is no real distinction between plotting your way from church to church or from town to town - except perhaps an attitude of mind. For me the path itself is a sacred site; it is faith made manifest.

I highly recommend you get hold of a copy of "The Pilgrimage Road to Santiago - the Complete Cultural Handbook" by Linda Davidson and David Gitlitz (can be downloaded in ebook form from Amazon) if you are serious about understanding and following the religiously significant places on the Camino.

Most Churches in Spain are closed and locked during the day and are only open when Mass is scheduled.
In France Churches are usually always open.

Not all towns have a Mass in the evening. There is a priest shortage, like many countries, and services are often held in neighboring villages.

The schedules found on line are subject to change and are often incorrect.

You simply have to accept that as a fact and not let your expectations set you up for disappointment.

So there is no real distinction between plotting your way from church to church or from town to town - except perhaps an attitude of mind. For me the path itself is a sacred site; it is faith made manifest. ...

Poignant words Kanga; long may the camino continue to be so.

Dax,

The Pilgrim Office of the Cathedral of Santiago has a multi language website
and on the Preparation page is a useful English discussion regarding Mass on the Camino. Once on the page click again to see a Map of Spanish churches on the Camino which have daily masses.

Created 2010/updated 2012 in Google maps this map will appear in a separate widow entitled Parroquias de los Caminos de Santiago. Included are parishes in Galicia located on the Camino Portugues. The map lists opening times for the churches and gives the current mass times as of 2012. You can copy the map as a KML file to then add to your own set of Google maps for further reference while walking. Or you can click print to make a continuous flat copy with a wealth of reference data.

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Dax

Dax,

You might also be interested in staying in monasteries along your way. Check out what other pilgrims and I have suggested as possible monastic stops in this earlier Forum thread.

Happy planning,

MM

I had a good experience in Villar de Mazarife. Stayed in the albergue just opposite the church (closed on arrival). But then suddenly the hospitalera (owner?) went around and said that the church was now open. No evening mass though.

Although though I am a Lutheran, I went to the evening masses when they were there. I especially recall Roncesvalles where pilgrims were asked to step forward to get the special pilgrim blessing. The same in los Arcos. In Carrion de los Condes, it was very special. Stay there and you will see.

Although I wished to take communion on a couple of occasion, I didn't do it out of respect for the catholic dogmas.

annelise

- and I especially appreciate the part when you are asked to stand up and shake hands with all around - front, back and beside, wishing 'pace'.

I was totally caught unawares in Antigua (Mexico) some years ago when I chose to stand behind the last row of chairs (didn't dare to sit down as I was totally unaware about when to kneel, sit, or stand up) - and sudden those in the back row turned around to shake my hand. I was very moved ...

If you stay the night in Granon, then try the donativo in the annex to the church.

Concerning communion for non-Catholics on the camino, look on this forum for postings by Rebekah and others that explain the exception to church policy for non-Catholic pilgrims (probably best not to repeat discussion here in this thread).

Poignant words Kanga; long may the camino continue to be so.

Created 2010/updated 2012 in Google maps this map will appear in a separate widow entitled Parroquias de los Caminos de Santiago. Included are parishes in Galicia located on the Camino Portugues. The map lists opening times for the churches and gives the current mass times as of 2012. You can copy the map as a KML file to then add to your own set of Google maps for further reference while walking. Or you can click print to make a continuous flat copy with a wealth of reference data.
Thanks Margaret, I had missed this.

Well,
I would say, being Christian on the camino is like being Christian at home!
No need to let others tell you how you should behave and act. You already know!
Perhaps you'll come closer to 'the self', helping your beliefs.

Don't let others tell you, find out yourself (As the Buddha said, don't even take it from me).

We downloaded the Meditation 'Forty Days' specially written for the pilgrimage to Santiago. We printed out the full version with the pictures, but for the camino we just printed the text to save weight. The link is still live http://gryjhnsn.tripod.com/santiago/fortydays.pdf
Our method was to read the next days section each evening so we could think about it while walking next day. Also along the Norte and Primitivo there are not only churches but little capillas de anima approximately where pilgrims would have reached each day and could say the Angelus. There might be some too on the Francés where it is genuinely on the ancient route.
Apart from the greater opportunity for reflection, prayer, opportunity to serve /help others etc it is like being a Christian at home. If someone asks about your reasons for walking or your faith then you can share with them, for others it is how you are that will speak to them more....................etc, and some people will not appreciate you sharing anything and silence is best. :)
Buen Camino

Dax
Just walk... They will find YOU. Plot any course you want. Better yet plot NO course and stop where you are called to stop. There are no rules about anything here. My work as a Christian on this earth is to wake up, say "Thank you" and be kind.... That's it...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Without trying not to be to theological, here are some observations.

The great difference between the spirituality of liturgical churches (i.e. Catholic, Easter Orthodox, High Anglican) and the spirituality of non-liturgical churches (i.e. your average, run of the mill, Protestant) is the way grace is received by the believer. Non-liturgical spirituality tends to be more "God and me", meaning grace is received at any time, in a personal way. (I stare at a sun set and I'm assaulted by a sense of awe, in which I encounter God.)

Liturgical spirituality is more "God and us", meaning by purposely doing certain movements with their bodies (sit, kneel, walk long distances in pilgrimage, share a meal, pray in community, etc) practitioners receive grace, and encounter God in the neighbor.

This been said it depends what your spirituality is. If you are more used to the "God and me" then you should look for opportunities to commune privately with God, and be attentive to the interior movements of grace. If you are more of the "God and us" then you are in luck since the Camino, been an ancient Catholic practice, is well suited to this type of experience.

The one caution I would give is in the practice of "works of mercy". Yes, we are supposed to help those who need help but the Camino an interior spiritual exercise, there will be time later for feeding the poor, visiting the imprisoned, correcting the mistaken, and burying the dead.

"Viva Cristo Rey!!"
Camino bound, Sept 2014!
Deacon Harbey Santiago

Hello, Dax, I'm reading a wonderful book you and others might enjoy: Pilgrimages: The Great Adventure of the Middle Ages by John Ure (available in Kindle version) that looks at the greater and lesser pilgrimage routes and talks about them as manifestations of religious devotion and outlets for adventure. Fascinating and, at times, very funny look at the essential functions of pilgrimage -- which are to dispel religious and secular boredom. Pilgrimage survives, I suppose, because it has an amazing ability to quench many thirsts.

Without trying not to be to theological, here are some observations.

The great difference between the spirituality of liturgical churches (i.e. Catholic, Easter Orthodox, High Anglican) and the spirituality of non-liturgical churches (i.e. your average, run of the mill, Protestant) is the way grace is received by the believer. Non-liturgical spirituality tends to be more "God and me", meaning grace is received at any time, in a personal way. (I stare at a sun set and I'm assaulted by a sense of awe, in which I encounter God.)

Liturgical spirituality is more "God and us", meaning by purposely doing certain movements with their bodies (sit, kneel, walk long distances in pilgrimage, share a meal, pray in community, etc) practitioners receive grace, and encounter God in the neighbor.

This been said it depends what your spirituality is. If you are more used to the "God and me" then you should look for opportunities to commune privately with God, and be attentive to the interior movements of grace. If you are more of the "God and us" then you are in luck since the Camino, been an ancient Catholic practice, is well suited to this type of experience.

The one caution I would give is in the practice of "works of mercy". Yes, we are supposed to help those who need help but the Camino an interior spiritual exercise, there will be time later for feeding the poor, visiting the imprisoned, correcting the mistaken, and burying the dead.

"Viva Cristo Rey!!"
Camino bound, Sept 2014!
Deacon Harbey Santiago
We too leave Sept 2014. Starting approx 5 or 6 Sept from SJPDP. For us we know that God is leading us at this time. And also as age marches on we also know that it is better to go sooner rather than later. I am encouraged by the comments of others and I believe there will be many seeking answers on the journey. Hope to meet up on the Way.
Richest Blessings in Him
Nigel & Marilyn

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Dax

I'm a work in progress too.

I've struggled with this for decades, but now realise that that it's quite simple, really.

Christianity is about love. Beginning and end of story. Erudite theological concepts are perhaps fun to cogitate, but fundamentally if it's not simple enough for a child to understand it's either irrelevant or wrong. That's what I've come to anyway.

That's the theory. The practice is more difficult, as it's a love which gives rather than receives. (have a look at John Ch 13 vv 34-35 and 1 John ch 4 v 10 to get the picture). I did experience this love, as a recipient, from other pilgrims I met and I hope in some way I was able to return it. It remains a bit of a struggle for me. I don't know whether they were all Christians or not (some were) but it didn't matter.

Some say that their walk was a life-changing experience. Not for me - basically it was just walking about three times my normal daily walk carrying a pack - but on a personal level something did hit me crossing the Meseta alone early morning. It was a feeling of being enveloped in an overall sense of comfort and protection which made the whole universe seem puny. Uncanny.

Camino de Santiago is the way of St James. Traditionally it doesn't end in the city itself but in the Cathedral, the traditional site of his tomb, and culminates in a Mass. It's the most celebrated pilgrimage in the world. By the way I'm not a Catholic but have no issues with taking communion.

Many people do the walk for different reasons and this is traditional too. It was a significant trade route in the middle ages, and there were bandits and robbers on the way, as well.

But the pilgrimage was for me. And I hope I haven't breached the site rules in posting this.

De colores

Bogong (aka John)

I think the camino is a probably different 'thing' for each one of us.
As a Christian, I find my daily life so full of [probably unnecessary] ties and jobs to be done.... I need my computer to check what my tasks are for today. Ah! Shopping this morning ... fetching my wife from the grand-children at 5 p.m., then a meeting this evening ... and I must do some preparation for a church service on Sunday ... and ....
When I'm on camino I think of just two things - Where shall I eat? and Where shall I sleep? And that's it.
Of course the 'camino family' is also a vital part of it each day - but that's mainly in the evenings when we share our stories together in peace and love.
That gives me time to talk to God, to go to church if there's a service on as I pass, to really enjoy the beauty of nature - which is all God made.
I walk the quiet paths: I've never been on the Camino Frances ;)
I decided that the camino I've just finished - both arms of the Ingles - would be my last. Then, on my last day in Santiago I saw yellow arrows on the pavement outside my B&B pointing AWAY from the city ... I had discovered the camino to Finisterre!
So that is my plan for 2015 ... but you know what they say about 'plans' - if you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans!!
Whichever path you take - Buen camino.

Here's another one, albeit Catholic: "Hiking the Camino: 500 Miles with Jesus" by Father Dave Pivonka. Both instructive and humorous.
To the Field of Dreams (mentioned above) is also from a Catholic perspective. Kevin Codd is a priest. It was a good read on the Camino. I haven 't read the Hiking the Camino: 500 Miles with Jesus book. I'll have to add it to my wish list.

The Camino gives you a lot of quiet solitude for prayer. Sometimes you're out there struggling (physically, emotionally, mentally) and there's nobody to talk to about it but Christ.

I met a peregrine who walked Vezelay, France--> Santiago. She told me she'd never believed in God until she spent all that time alone on the Vezelay path--she realized she was, in fact, not alone.

There's a massive volume of information in this place. I seek more insights about what it's like to be a Christian on the camino
Are there Christians here who might point me in the right direction.

Dax

I know not everyone thinks electronic devices are congruent with the Camino, but downloading The Bible is a wonderful resource to have. Another excellent resource is Sacred Space, a website by Irish Jesuits. It gives you a weekly reflection and a guide to daily prayer based on the gospel of the day. But with or without "tools", use the solitude for prayer and reflection.
Buen Camino

..................I fiound this practical & candid first-person account by a Catholic priest to be encouraging, thought-provoking and pragmatic. I like that the author treats himself as a 'work in progress'.
To the Field of Stars: A Pilgrim's Journey to Santiago de Compostela, by Kevin A. Codd
It is written as one pilgrim's diary. Sometimes indirectly, it touches on the ups & downs of communal life on the Way, sacramental experiences, lessons in foot care & pain (!), self-awareness, prayer, contrasts between religiosity & faith, aspects of 'ministering' (or not) to the various needs of self or others, etc . It is not 'pious' in its tone and the author is very human and conscious of it. Here's a link to some reviews.
I find it fascinating trolling through this forum (circumventing the occasional tirades) and finding gems of information. Have looked up this book, and just downloaded it onto my Kindle. Looking forward to reading it.
Thank you to so many people who take the time to talk about their experiences on the Camino.
Suzanne :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Others will probably be wiser, as I'm not able to speak from experience yet. In preparing for my up-coming camino I fiound this practical & candid first-person account by a Catholic priest to be encouraging, thought-provoking and pragmatic. I like that the author treats himself as a 'work in progress'.

I also really enjoyed this book!

I am coming to this conversation quite late, the last post being from September of 2014. I have appreciated the resources found here, but am wondering...if there is a rule on this forum about not discussing religion, does anyone out there know a site where pilgrims are indeed allowed to speak openly of such? I find much here to aid me in my planning, physically, mentally, and spiritually, but would also enjoy the opportunity to discuss the pilgrimage from a religious perspective. Thanks for any aid you might be able to offer.

I am coming to this conversation quite late, the last post being from September of 2014. I have appreciated the resources found here, but am wondering...if there is a rule on this forum about not discussing religion, does anyone out there know a site where pilgrims are indeed allowed to speak openly of such? I find much here to aid me in my planning, physically, mentally, and spiritually, but would also enjoy the opportunity to discuss the pilgrimage from a religious perspective. Thanks for any aid you might be able to offer.
Welcome Minta, there is a section where you can post on such matters and where like minded people can discuss issues of interest. See link below.
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/social-categories/special-camino-topics.147/

This thread actually is post the 'religious discussion' rule, so as you can see some posting is acceptable. Sadly as @falcon269 says 'rarely ended well', indeed very often such threads became actually abusive, hence the rule. If you decide to use the discussion area @wayfarer gives the link for then I suggest that you maybe need to post a link (maybe here) so that like minded folk know where to find it.

If there is a better way then could @wayfarer, or another moderator, please clarify how like minded folk can find such a discussion please.

This thread actually is post the 'religious discussion' rule, so as you can see some posting is acceptable. Sadly as @falcon269 says 'rarely ended well', indeed very often such threads became actually abusive, hence the rule. If you decide to use the discussion area @wayfarer gives the link for then I suggest that you maybe need to post a link (maybe here) so that like minded folk know where to find it.

If there is a better way then could @wayfarer, or another moderator, please clarify how like minded folk can find such a discussion please.
From what I remember most people go to the linked section and either join one of the discussions there or start a new Thread there. A message to that effect with a link here would be a good idea.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Dax
I think you would also enjoy the cloud of unknowing by Thomas a Kempis it was written in the 14th century but is still an easy read and is very helpful in developing the virtue of meekness, with which almost over half of the book is concerned, and on refocusing the direction of our hearts on charity, and purity of heart. I think you would derive a lot of joy from it.
When you walk try to free up your mind leave worries, troubles all that stuff that doesn't really matter behind you. Turn off your phone and only put it on if you really need to in the evening time it's a distraction. God knows where to find you.Let the Camino envelope you, don't go with a prescribed idea of what you expect to get from it , just let it happen!

I'm ready to give up myself to the way of St James

and reading the posts in the thread that I started so long ago, it's obvious that there is no one size fits all
You mean it's time to put boots on the ground? Go for it!! :) Each walk is different as each time and each pilgrim is different. The reasons I'm walking this time are quite different from any of the others. And they have all been instructive and wonderful and memorable. Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'm ready to give up myself to the way of St James
and reading the posts in the thread that I started so long ago, it's obvious that there is no one size fits all
You're right. There is no 'cookie cutter' camino.
Buen Camino, @Daxzentzu ! Finally, it is your time to head out the door and onto the way.
May the pilgrimage be everything you hope and need (which will likely be 2 different things...)...

I have read the first four, and the last few posts. You are about to walk your camino, after at least 4 years of contemplating walking it. One step after another, and ready to give and take... buen camino, may you bless and be blessed. If you have not read it, please read about the cyborg turtle’s camino. It will put a spring in your step!

You mean it's time to put boots on the ground? Go for it!! :) Each walk is different as each time and each pilgrim is different. The reasons I'm walking this time are quite different from any of the others. And they have all been instructive and wonderful and memorable. Buen Camino!

yes time to put my boots on the ground

I have read the first four, and the last few posts. You are about to walk your camino, after at least 4 years of contemplating walking it. One step after another, and ready to give and take... buen camino, may you bless and be blessed. If you have not read it, please read about the cyborg turtle’s camino. It will put a spring in your step!

thank you for your wishes

in 4 years many things have changed for me and it has been the contemplation of the walking the way of St James that has been an unchanging aspect of my life

Hopefully I don't run afoul of the rules here. I am truly curious if anyone can elaborate on the reasons listed on the "Credencial" for doing a Camino. Devotion, vote, and mercy are listed. I did a search but nothing useful came up. Does anyone know what these terms mean and how they apply to the Camino? Especially curious what is meant by "vote"?

Just a guess but it might relate to "votive" - offered or consecrated in fulfillment of a vow. So, if you are walking the Camino as a result of a vow to God to do so.

All good points and I thank you all for the insight. It has made the interpretation much more understandable. I find the nuances intriguing.

Obviously, the Pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela was originally, and for eons after a Catholic endeavour. But, today, walked by, peoples of all faiths, beliefs and none, the Camino recognizes all as Pilgrims, and all are touched in some way by the "Spirit" of the Camino. The Camino will tattoo both questions and answers on the soul of all, who stay open to the experience.

thank you for your wishes

in 4 years many things have changed for me and it has been the contemplation of the walking the way of St James that has been an unchanging aspect of my life
I'm interested Dax, did you eventually get the opportunity to walk your first Camino? My husband walked his 3rd Camino at age 69. My friend of 64 joined us for her first Camino this year. We are all fairly fit and healthy but decided to walk less than 20km per day if possible. We all carried our own packs and sleeping bag liners and kept costs low regarding food and accommodation. This is a bit off your original topic but I was wondering whether you made the journey. Kind regards.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back