• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bela Muxia albergue in Muxia

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

It gets my highest praise for design and execution. It even has a wheelchair lift that I suspect will never be used. The orientation included information on why Muxia can claim to be the first pilgrimage destination, though it admits to being the second to issue compostelas.

Anyway, it is the gold standard for albergues and hospitaleros. It is as close to the chapel and the far end of town as you can get.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Totally agree with you, falcon269. Stayed there November 13 and even chose the black cat as my passport stamp —the hospitalero has you choose from three. The last dormitory-type albergue on my camino was the best value for money with its very large comedor cum kitchen and adjoining reading room with sofas; great washing room with dryer.

The whole place is very well laid out and decorated. Opened in August 2012, it offers extra thick mattresses, separated beds with private alcoves including recharging plug and reading light and great showers (even though, as in ALL camino albergues, no one has thought of installing more clotheshooks). No heating necessary in dormitory as insulation is top notch but shower and toilet room floor is heated; a special bicycle parking room; free wi-fi everywhere.

Nice way to end the camino, before burning my clothes and going back to Santiago just wearing the white concha which had been clanging noisily against my pack since Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port ... ; )

falcon269 said:
It gets my highest praise for design and execution. It even has a wheelchair lift that I suspect will never be used. The orientation included information on why Muxia can claim to be the first pilgrimage destination, though it admits to being the second to issue compostelas.

Anyway, it is the gold standard for albergues and hospitaleros. It is as close to the chapel and the far end of town as you can get.

Celia and Angel...lovely people. Owned by Pepe Formoso of Muxia who runs a radio station in Cee. Beautifullly thought out: clean and very "literary" albergue. The wheelchair lift was obligatory courtesy of those lovely folks who issue business licences! Highly recommenced by Foxy and Me!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
We stayed in a private room and our stay there was fabulous!! The most wonderful couple, Angel and Sweet Celia!

I stayed here in June 2013 and it was one of my favourite albergues. I loved Muxia!

Buen Camino!

Kat

I stayed here in June 2013 and it was one of my favourite albergues. I loved Muxia!

Buen Camino!

Kat
Me too. My husband and I stayed in a private room and it was one of our favorites. Had we known how nice the dorm rooms were, we would have stayed in one of those.
Angel was the best!!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I stayed there at the end of my 2014 Camino. I was in the dormitory but the Korean lady I've met along the way (on CF), took the apartment on the upper floor = terrace. Wonderful not really expensive splurge for 50€/day (if you're a couple or more persons). I'm so sorry now I didn't take any photos from up there on the huge terrace but the views and the zen feeling was superb.

Phenomenal recommendation. I am staying here now and agree with all previous comments.

Thank you all for the recommendation.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I was already in Bela Muxia twice and every time was a highlight.
For me it is one of the top albergue, I have been. And Celia and Angel are so kind!

Buen Camino,
Jacques-D.

I stayed somewhere else, Albergue Dabalar, it was very nice and I enjoyed it. But next time (and there will absolutely be another Finisterre/Muxia walk!) I will stay at Bela Muxia.

I am planning to walk to Finnistere once I rest in Santiago a bit, I'm finding it really hard to get any info on how or where to get the credential for it, and albergue info along the way as I know it's scarce. I plan to try to give myself 5 days to get there. Then bus from Finnistere back to Santiago.
ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

Phil and I are here now recovering in the apartment. What a treat!!! We are having our "our own private Idaho" right here in Spain. Terrace is huge and views are wonderful. Lovely place. Some of our Spainish school children friends are staying in the Albergue. Angel was delighted that we were not put off by them and that we actually enjoy them (in limited doses). Celia was mopping up after their showers at 8 pm. I joked that it was certainly the boys who were messiest and Phil countered that it had to be the girls which brought a cheer from Angel.

I am planning to walk to Finnistere once I rest in Santiago a bit, I'm finding it really hard to get any info on how or where to get the credential for it, and albergue info along the way as I know it's scarce. I plan to try to give myself 5 days to get there. Then bus from Finnistere back to Santiago.
ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

The Galician Tourist Information office in Rua Vilar will provide all you need.

Phil and I are here now recovering in the apartment. What a treat!!! We are having our "our own private Idaho" right here in Spain. Terrace is huge and views are wonderful. Lovely place. Some of our Spainish school children friends are staying in the Albergue. Angel was delighted that we were not put off by them and that we actually enjoy them (in limited doses). Celia was mopping up after their showers at 8 pm. I joked that it was certainly the boys who were messiest and Phil countered that it had to be the girls which brought a cheer from Angel.

A great place to recover and relax! The food in the adjacent Hotel de Encanto de Lolo is really good. Hope Phil is feeling better and that you enjoy your time in Muxia.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There is no special credencial, keep using the one that got you to Santiago. For albergue info, Eroski has it all, or Brierly's guide.

:cool: I stayed 2013/2014/2015/2016/2017, by now Angel and Celia are my very good friends and they are very good hospitaleros, kind and ready to help you in any way if you need it. :)

Most read last week in this forum

Hello peregrinos! My daughter and I are walking the CF from SJPP and hope to arrive in SDC around a week before we fly home (late June). We'd like to walk to either Finisterra or Muxia and then...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.