• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Belorado...a late arrival

clearskiescamino

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many to mention...
Hi folks..and a happy 2015 to you!

Quick question.
I arrive into Belorado in May pretty late after a late flight from Dublin to Bilbao.
We are talking about after 7pm anyway.

Do you think it's a good idea to email a private albergue a week beforehand asking them to reserve a bunk for me? I'd expect it to be getting pretty busy in early May.
That said, I don't want to keep a bed from a pilgrim who has already started.

I've been looking at pensions also.
Any advice would be appreciated.

David

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
[QUOTE="clearskies, post: 260129, member: 24719" Do you think it's a good idea to email a private albergue a week beforehand asking them to reserve a bunk for me?
David[/QUOTE]

Unless you are arriving truly late, and are likely to wake everyone up, I do not see why not.

Hi David,

Really like the consideration of the other walkers you have in mind. Good on you for that. It still might be a good idea to at least have your first night secured so you will have less on the mind especially if coming in from long journey. Perhaps see how the numbers are looking the week before. It seems you have walked enough to get a good feel of what to expect. Will you be able to go to Fisterra or Muxia?

No matter what you decide, may you have the best of all journeys.

Cheers,
Simeon

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi folks..and a happy 2015 to you!

Quick question.
I arrive into Belorado in May pretty late after a late flight from Dublin to Bilbao.
We are talking about after 7pm anyway.

Do you think it's a good idea to email a private albergue a week beforehand asking them to reserve a bunk for me? I'd expect it to be getting pretty busy in early May.
That said, I don't want to keep a bed from a pilgrim who has already started.

I've been looking at pensions also.
Any advice would be appreciated.

David

Hi David,
Simon is correct in advising on a good sleep.
I stayed in Pension Casa Waslala and Paul [ owner] is a great host.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi David,

Really like the consideration of the other walkers you have in mind. Good on you for that. It still might be a good idea to at least have your first night secured so you will have less on the mind especially if coming in from long journey. Perhaps see how the numbers are looking the week before. It seems you have walked enough to get a good feel of what to expect. Will you be able to go to Fisterra or Muxia?

No matter what you decide, may you have the best of all journeys.

Cheers,
Simeon

Hi Simeon
7pm isn't too late but I would like to have my first night in stone before I start early on the next morning.

I don't plan on going to Finistere as I only have two weeks. I know from the start of June in 2013, the albergue in Belorado was full by 2pm.

Thanks for your help! :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi David, I stayed in the private albergue, Quatro Cantones, in Belorado. It was run by a lovely couple and the food there was excellent. You could contact them about a late arrival.

http://www.alberguecuatrocantones.com/
  1. Hostel
  2. Address: Calle Hipólito López Bernal, 10, 09250 Belorado, Burgos, Spain
    Phone:+34 947 58 05 91

Hi Pat
I have stayed in Cuatro Cantones twice, in 2013 and last Sept.
It is my favourite albergue and part of the reason I chose to start in Belorado.
Unfortunately Aer Lingus' only flight is at 12.40 leaving me with a late arrival.

The family are the best. I told the daughter that I stayed there in May 2013 and really enjoyed it and she followed up with a big hug!
Sigh..it's the little things! :)

I just feel a tad guilty about taking a bed from a pilgrim.!

David

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Belorado is a quiet little town with a large plaza. I think it's a perfect place to start
My favorite memory of Belorado was listening to an orchestra rehearsal from the street below. Music was coming from the top floor of what appeared to be some sort of municipal building. Later I saw musicians of all ages leaving the building. The music was fantastic!! Yes a cute little town to start your camino in.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.