• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Besancon - Rome: VF Official and Lightfoot routes for Google Maps + bits & bobs.

kiwiDavid

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2012 - SJPP-Finisterre
Have put the Official VF route (red line) and Lightfoot route (teardrops) onto Google maps for comparison / choices - occasionally have inserted shortcuts for various reasons and marked laundromats / tourist offices / different types of accommodation etc.Link below:

This is relatively user friendly and could be handy on your mobile with Google Maps.Will continue to update as we all wait for the Great Day (when we can walk again).

Bonne chance Europe - I hope that you get better soon - kiwiDavid

PS:Just a thought - if anyone who has walked the VF has any particular places they think people may be interested in - you know - those 'must see' / must 'stay there' / must 'eat there' - kind of places (the incredible pizza joint in the middle of nowhere) - please let me know and I'll add them to this map.
(A lot of the places already marked have been gleaned from Pilgrim posts on this Forum and from Facebook - thank you one and all)

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
That's great. I think potential VF pilgrims should be aware that Lightfoot gives variant routes, which are extremely useful, especially in the Pas-de-Calais where the "official" GR route meanders about for days on end. Lightfoot 2020 would be my recommended guide - available as e-book.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Having been a sweaty long-distance walker and cyclist I genuinely appreciate it when people mark laundromats on maps. Thank you!

Having been a sweaty long-distance walker and cyclist I genuinely appreciate it when people mark laundromats on maps. Thank you!
Pocket Earth (app on which you can download GPS tracks) shows you everything locally.

Most read last week in this forum

The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back