• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Besancon to Ornans

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018
Another early morning/dark start out of Besancon.
Within a mile I was climbing two foot wide dirt trails in the forest.
The entire day was spent in and out of the forest and up and down hills.
Throughout the day my GPS sent me off trail three times, adding about 2 extra miles to my 16 mile day. (Note to self: Don't rely solely on GPS).
I finally made it to Ornans, a quaint town of 4500 people.
Another early day tomorrow where I will go over the Jura.

Attachments

• 20230601_123809.jpg
    20230601_123809.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,986
  • 20230601_175628.jpg
    20230601_175628.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • 20230601_080435.jpg
    20230601_080435.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 7
  • 20230601_060011.jpg
    20230601_060011.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Throughout the day my GPS sent me off trail three times, adding about 2 extra miles to my 16 mile day. (Note to self: Don't rely solely on GPS).
I did the same stretch back in 2019. It was equally confusing but very nice hike. I enjoyed a great evening in Ornans. The next couple days of hiking will be very beautiful. Enjoy.

Bob, I didn't have/use GPS but was geographically lead astray by Google maps on several occasions; sometimes with...er...'interesting' results!
Relying on technology can be a leap of faith. 🤭
Happy trails.
👣🌏

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Well sorted Bob. We met in Besancon two days ago while retrieving a stamp at the info Centre. Hope your journey is filled with nothing but wonder. Cheers Lyn

Oh yeah!!!!!
My two new Aussie friends !!!!
Where are you?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
That's great news. Hopefully you're both feeling well.
I keep an eye out for you two!

Hello I would like to walk from Dover to Calais onwards .My walking buddy is sick and worried that not many walkers about.I have walked from Switzerland into Italy last year.Also done the French way .If anyone would like to meet up without full commitment post me .Cx

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Haha, only 2-extra miles?!! We got so lost walking out of Besancon that I am sure we walked much further than that out of the way. It ended up being a very long day, so agree double check frequently!!

@Chrisp - It seems getting lost out of Besancon is a common thread amongst walkers.
Something for future walkers to make note of.

Yeah, I am in the tribe of “got lost leaving Besançon”. The way marking was non existent and the bridge I was seeking wasn’t where it was supposed to be. However, once I found a trail on maps.me, I got to Ornans without further mishap. All part of the fun!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.