• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best 5 day stretch on Camino Portugués (Lisbon-Porto)

laurenlynnp

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugués, Camino Del Norte
Hello everyone! I am reaching out to you all about the stretch between Lisbon and Porto on the Camino Portugués. I only have 5-6 days after a study abroad program in Lisbon in summer 2022 but The Camino is calling! My questions are:
  1. Would I be able to use an old credential from 2018? I completed the Camino from Porto to Santiago.
  2. What would be the best 5-6 day stretch to select between Lisbon and Porto? (Scenery, infrastructure,etc)
  3. Will I have trouble finding open albergues and other or other resources on the stretch? I have heard that it is a quieter stretch, and I have some concerns about safety as well.
Obrigada, Bom Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
What would be the best 5-6 day stretch to select between Lisbon and Porto? (Scenery, infrastructure,etc)
Tomar -> Coimbra, without a doubt for me, in terms of the scenery on the trail and the two end points being easy to get to/from and great to explore.

Tomar -> Coimbra, without a doubt for me, in terms of the scenery on the trail and the two end points being easy to get to/from and great to explore.
I second our Portuguese explorers Jungleboy and Junglegirl por certo !
Tomar to Coimbra 💪👍

By the way. If you are a woman , you say “obrigada” , are you a man, you
say” obrigado”

Abraço

Albertinho

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Would I be able to use an old credential from 2018? I completed the Camino from Porto to Santiago
Absolutely, you're not going to be using it as evidence in Santiago so it's for you to decide what you want to do. It sounds a neat way of doing it. When I did the Frances I jumped from Estella to Burgos due to injury, so I'm going to use my old credential to fill in that gap.

Thank you for your suggestion! I decided to do Santarém-Coimbra... My follow up question is in regards to the availability of albergues, specifically in Golega, Tomar, Alvaiazere, and Rabacal. Has anyone passed through this way in 2022? I am trying to avoid purchasing an updated guidebook because I am only walking for 5 days (I have a Wise Pilgrim Camino Portugués guide from 2018) and I would prefer to stay in the albergues as opposed to private hostels whenever possible, but with my time restraint I am not sure if it's best to play it safe and have reservations in private hostels.... Thanks again everyone!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you for your suggestion! I decided to do Santarém-Coimbra... My follow up question is in regards to the availability of albergues, specifically in Golega, Tomar, Alvaiazere, and Rabacal. Has anyone passed through this way in 2022? I am trying to avoid purchasing an updated guidebook because I am only walking for 5 days (I have a Wise Pilgrim Camino Portugués guide from 2018) and I would prefer to stay in the albergues as opposed to private hostels whenever possible, but with my time restraint I am not sure if it's best to play it safe and have reservations in private hostels.... Thanks again everyone!
For albergue availability check Gronze.com and/or download a free app like Buen Camino or Camino Ninja.

Most read last week in this forum

Dear people, In April, we will cycle from Seville to Santiago de Compostella on our recumbent tandem. It will be our first time cycling a camino and we are really looking forward to it. After...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back