A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

Best accommodation on the italian francigena

stevov

Camino(s) past & future
walked the portuguese way (senda littoral). from porto, vila do conde via viana and redondela Jun 17
If you had to recommend places to stay on the italian francigena which would be your top 3?

Derrybiketours

A journey of 500 miles begins with one step!
Camino(s) past & future
SJPdeP-FIN(09/2018)
PORTO-SANT(11/2018)
Caminho Da Fe(01/2019)
SJPdeP- SANT(09/2019)
Madrid(7/2020)
Just watched BBC coverage of this walk that looked spectacular. The celebrities involved covered the last 1,000 in 15 days (by bus) but walked last 100km and expect being celebrity they required a certain level of comfort and research into interesting places to visit and stay so maybe idea could be to watch episodes on iPlayer and make notes. I'm envious of your walk, Buen Camino!

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2020? Looks like.... nowhere! 😁
If you had to recommend places to stay on the italian francigena which would be your top 3?
I just remember being soooo happy to find a place to stop after a long slog in the sun...or the mountains...or the ‘mosquito fields’....
Didn’t matter then if it wasn’t that great, at the time it was the BEST 😎
Sorry, I am no help I know :p
Buon cammino!

stevov

Camino(s) past & future
walked the portuguese way (senda littoral). from porto, vila do conde via viana and redondela Jun 17
I just remember being soooo happy to find a place to stop after a long slog in the sun...or the mountains...or the ‘mosquito fields’....
Didn’t matter then if it wasn’t that great, at the time it was the BEST 😎
Sorry, I am no help I know :p
Buon cammino!
I know what that feels like🤪

Doogman

Camino(s) past & future
?
When I walked with a friend from Siena to Rome last summer, the one place that really stood out for me was Agriturismo Passalacqua. It is outside the small town of Gallina, which was about 4-5 days south from Siena. It is situated on a hilltop, looking down into the valleys on three sides, and you could see Radicofani up on the hilltop way off in the distance. They served us a wonderful dinner and breakfast sitting out on a picnic table. We had a full suite, with living area and kitchen. It's not cheap, but it would be a great place if you are looking to splurge. I can't remember the names of the couple that own the place, but they took good care of us.

stevov

Camino(s) past & future
When I walked with a friend from Siena to Rome last summer, the one place that really stood out for me was Agriturismo Passalacqua. It is outside the small town of Gallina, which was about 4-5 days south from Siena. It is situated on a hilltop, looking down into the valleys on three sides, and you could see Radicofani up on the hilltop way off in the distance. They served us a wonderful dinner and breakfast sitting out on a picnic table. We had a full suite, with living area and kitchen. It's not cheap, but it would be a great place if you are looking to splurge. I can't remember the names of the couple that own the place, but they took good care of us.
Thank you I'll check it out

kmrice

Camino(s) past & future
Santiago - Fisterra 2008
St. Jean Pied de Port - Santiago 2013
We also walked from Siena to Rome last fall, staying at Agriturismo Passalacqua, and agree that it was outstanding. The food was all from the owners’, or other local, farms (actually, I think they said the limoncello was from Siena). Even the cinghiale had been caught on an adjacent farm by one of the owners and his brother, or brother in law. Breakfast and dinner were served on different picnic tables to provide the best evening and morning views of the Tuscan landscape.FEEB1323-8515-4F85-923C-9FDBD440E4DC.jpeg
As Doogman said, not cheap, but an outstanding splurge.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 323 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 94 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 373 28.7%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.2%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock