• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best accommodation on the italian francigena

stevov

Time of past OR future Camino
walked the portuguese way (senda littoral). from porto, vila do conde via viana and redondela Jun 17
If you had to recommend places to stay on the italian francigena which would be your top 3?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Just watched BBC coverage of this walk that looked spectacular. The celebrities involved covered the last 1,000 in 15 days (by bus) but walked last 100km and expect being celebrity they required a certain level of comfort and research into interesting places to visit and stay so maybe idea could be to watch episodes on iPlayer and make notes. I'm envious of your walk, Buen Camino!

If you had to recommend places to stay on the italian francigena which would be your top 3?
I just remember being soooo happy to find a place to stop after a long slog in the sun...or the mountains...or the ‘mosquito fields’....
Didn’t matter then if it wasn’t that great, at the time it was the BEST 😎
Sorry, I am no help I know :p
Buon cammino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I just remember being soooo happy to find a place to stop after a long slog in the sun...or the mountains...or the ‘mosquito fields’....
Didn’t matter then if it wasn’t that great, at the time it was the BEST 😎
Sorry, I am no help I know :p
Buon cammino!
I know what that feels like🤪

When I walked with a friend from Siena to Rome last summer, the one place that really stood out for me was Agriturismo Passalacqua. It is outside the small town of Gallina, which was about 4-5 days south from Siena. It is situated on a hilltop, looking down into the valleys on three sides, and you could see Radicofani up on the hilltop way off in the distance. They served us a wonderful dinner and breakfast sitting out on a picnic table. We had a full suite, with living area and kitchen. It's not cheap, but it would be a great place if you are looking to splurge. I can't remember the names of the couple that own the place, but they took good care of us.

When I walked with a friend from Siena to Rome last summer, the one place that really stood out for me was Agriturismo Passalacqua. It is outside the small town of Gallina, which was about 4-5 days south from Siena. It is situated on a hilltop, looking down into the valleys on three sides, and you could see Radicofani up on the hilltop way off in the distance. They served us a wonderful dinner and breakfast sitting out on a picnic table. We had a full suite, with living area and kitchen. It's not cheap, but it would be a great place if you are looking to splurge. I can't remember the names of the couple that own the place, but they took good care of us.
Thank you I'll check it out

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We also walked from Siena to Rome last fall, staying at Agriturismo Passalacqua, and agree that it was outstanding. The food was all from the owners’, or other local, farms (actually, I think they said the limoncello was from Siena). Even the cinghiale had been caught on an adjacent farm by one of the owners and his brother, or brother in law. Breakfast and dinner were served on different picnic tables to provide the best evening and morning views of the Tuscan landscape.FEEB1323-8515-4F85-923C-9FDBD440E4DC.jpeg
As Doogman said, not cheap, but an outstanding splurge.

Most read last week in this forum

The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.