• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best Alberges in SJPDP?

Jordan Gwynn

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2018 Camino Frances
I’m so excited to this pilgrimage! My friend highly suggested I stay two nights at Beilari. Unfortunately the online booking is full. I can still see if any beds are available when I arrive. However, in the chance none are available, what’s a good comparative alternative? I know there are hotels, but I’m looking for a connective experience like the one I’ve heard about at Beilari.

Thanks so much! :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
You do not say when you are going. They do close for the winter. Some of their beds are saved for walk-ins, at least in the past.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
B&b au coeur du centre historique-maisons de ville a louer sjpdp!! Its number 29 on the same street as the passport office!! As you go downhill from the passport office on the same side!! Really central, great beds and showers, fresh breakfast and communal are!! 16 euro per night so maybe bit more expensive!!

Buen camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Municipal perfect and plenty of coffee in morning. Anywhere clean with good showers and No Snoring fine by me

I like the refuge municipal. It's cheap and great for meeting fellow pilgrims. The dorms are suprisingly spacious too. You cannot book it in advance though. Get there before it opens (2 or 2-30pm I think) and you won't have a problem getting a bed. It is popular and fills quickly after it opens though.

Davey

I’m so excited to this pilgrimage! My friend highly suggested I stay two nights at Beilari. Unfortunately the online booking is full. I can still see if any beds are available when I arrive. However, in the chance none are available, what’s a good comparative alternative? I know there are hotels, but I’m looking for a connective experience like the one I’ve heard about at Beilari.

A ‘good comparative’ alternative: La Kaserna. It is number 43 (on the left of the road when you leave the Pilgrim office).
They do not accept bookings and are donativo (but a minimum of €20 is expected). That includes a communal meal prepared by the hospitaleros and breakfast.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

There is a lot of albergue at SJPP. You can book at "la vita é bella" or at "gîte de la porte St Jacques" the both are new and very nice

Beilari do keep some beds for late arrivals who have not booked. Last time I was there the hospitalera spotted a young peregrina outside looking a bit confused and invited her in even though they were technically fully booked. I just got in with a last minute booking as I had booked into Pellerin just down the street but he closed up without warning and although he promised a refund, 6 months later I am still waiting

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Please note that many (most?) pilgrim albuergues only allow you one night unless you are sick or have a truly unique issue. For two nights, you may have to book a hotel.

Please note that many (most?) pilgrim albuergues only allow you one night unless you are sick or have a truly unique issue. For two nights, you may have to book a hotel.

Many private albergues are ok with staying more than one night, it is usually the municipal/Xunta and Parochial albergues that enforce the one night rule, (and if it is not a busy time sometimes will let you stay longer too).

Davey

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Beilari do keep some beds for late arrivals who have not booked. Last time I was there the hospitalera spotted a young peregrina outside looking a bit confused and invited her in even though they were technically fully booked. I just got in with a last minute booking as I had booked into Pellerin just down the street but he closed up without warning and although he promised a refund, 6 months later I am still waiting

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back