• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best Alberges in SJPDP?

Jordan Gwynn

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2018 Camino Frances
I’m so excited to this pilgrimage! My friend highly suggested I stay two nights at Beilari. Unfortunately the online booking is full. I can still see if any beds are available when I arrive. However, in the chance none are available, what’s a good comparative alternative? I know there are hotels, but I’m looking for a connective experience like the one I’ve heard about at Beilari.

Thanks so much! :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
You do not say when you are going. They do close for the winter. Some of their beds are saved for walk-ins, at least in the past.

B&b au coeur du centre historique-maisons de ville a louer sjpdp!! Its number 29 on the same street as the passport office!! As you go downhill from the passport office on the same side!! Really central, great beds and showers, fresh breakfast and communal are!! 16 euro per night so maybe bit more expensive!!

Buen camino

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Municipal perfect and plenty of coffee in morning. Anywhere clean with good showers and No Snoring fine by me

I like the refuge municipal. It's cheap and great for meeting fellow pilgrims. The dorms are suprisingly spacious too. You cannot book it in advance though. Get there before it opens (2 or 2-30pm I think) and you won't have a problem getting a bed. It is popular and fills quickly after it opens though.

Davey

I’m so excited to this pilgrimage! My friend highly suggested I stay two nights at Beilari. Unfortunately the online booking is full. I can still see if any beds are available when I arrive. However, in the chance none are available, what’s a good comparative alternative? I know there are hotels, but I’m looking for a connective experience like the one I’ve heard about at Beilari.

A ‘good comparative’ alternative: La Kaserna. It is number 43 (on the left of the road when you leave the Pilgrim office).
They do not accept bookings and are donativo (but a minimum of €20 is expected). That includes a communal meal prepared by the hospitaleros and breakfast.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

There is a lot of albergue at SJPP. You can book at "la vita é bella" or at "gîte de la porte St Jacques" the both are new and very nice

Beilari do keep some beds for late arrivals who have not booked. Last time I was there the hospitalera spotted a young peregrina outside looking a bit confused and invited her in even though they were technically fully booked. I just got in with a last minute booking as I had booked into Pellerin just down the street but he closed up without warning and although he promised a refund, 6 months later I am still waiting

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Please note that many (most?) pilgrim albuergues only allow you one night unless you are sick or have a truly unique issue. For two nights, you may have to book a hotel.

Please note that many (most?) pilgrim albuergues only allow you one night unless you are sick or have a truly unique issue. For two nights, you may have to book a hotel.

Many private albergues are ok with staying more than one night, it is usually the municipal/Xunta and Parochial albergues that enforce the one night rule, (and if it is not a busy time sometimes will let you stay longer too).

Davey

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Beilari do keep some beds for late arrivals who have not booked. Last time I was there the hospitalera spotted a young peregrina outside looking a bit confused and invited her in even though they were technically fully booked. I just got in with a last minute booking as I had booked into Pellerin just down the street but he closed up without warning and although he promised a refund, 6 months later I am still waiting

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back