A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Best Albergue before Santarem

helene saint onge

Camino(s) past & future
October 2017
If you don’t walk to walk the 33.2 km between Azambuja and Santarem, there is the perfect Albergue in Porto de Muge (half way) and Paula welcomes pilgrims with her big heart, comfortable place and great food. It’s worth the stop.

Susan Watson

Camino(s) past & future
Planning Camino Del Norte to Oviedo and then Primitive in May / June 2018
If you don’t walk to walk the 33.2 km between Azambuja and Santarem, there is the perfect Albergue in Porto de Muge (half way) and Paula welcomes pilgrims with her big heart, comfortable place and great food. It’s worth the stop.
Thanks for the information Helene, we leave Australia tomorrow heading for Lisbon via Madrid. Do you have any more details on this Albergue in Porto de Muge i.e., name and or address? We’re a couple of oldies and would prefer not to walk 33 kms in one day if we can avoid it,

Rex

Pilgrim Trekker
Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP to Santiago (2013)
Lisboa to Santiago (2018)
Paula’s place is Quinta do Burra and is at the very north end of town. Almost 1 km north of the bridge. Great hospitality, beds, food and stories. Was there in late August on a 41 C day and she offered us with cold beers or juice when we checked in. Ahhhhh, perfect. Rural casa, but well placed and worth the stop.

Trude

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francais 2013 Finnestere, Muxia 2013, 2017
Norte 2014, Francais, 2015, 2016, VDLP 2017
I stayed at Paula’s Quinta it was great. We walked passed it as it is easy to miss. We were so happy when we found it as we had walked along way due to closed accomodation. She is the perfect host. I don’t think it’s an Albergue we had our own room with a very comfortable bed. Be careful when you leave as a few farms up we were attacked by dogs.

Susan Watson

Camino(s) past & future
Paula’s place is Quinta do Burra and is at the very north end of town. Almost 1 km north of the bridge. Great hospitality, beds, food and stories. Was there in late August on a 41 C day and she offered us with cold beers or juice when we checked in. Ahhhhh, perfect. Rural casa, but well placed and worth the stop.
Hi

Susan Watson

Camino(s) past & future
Thanks Trudy & Rex, very useful info. Also about the dogs as I’m rather a scaredy-cat when it comes to dogs, although I think the dogs should be a little wary of my husband also 😀.

Rex

Pilgrim Trekker
Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP to Santiago (2013)
Lisboa to Santiago (2018)
Thanks Trudy & Rex, very useful info. Also about the dogs as I’m rather a scaredy-cat when it comes to dogs, although I think the dogs should be a little wary of my husband also 😀.
Encountered a few farm dogs on my way from Lisboa to Coimbra (none thereafter). As a long time dog owner, I am respectful of their property lines, and give farm dogs in particular a bit of a wide berth. Never been bitten, but have had to resort to a slowed walk and gentle but firm communication to skirt a few that consider the farm road part of their domain. My stout walking stick is a last defensive resort, but never had to use it. As long as you are not aggressive, most dogs will calm down when they realize you are not an invader, just a traveler passing by.
Bom Caminho

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 146 14.9%
  • May

Votes: 245 25.0%