• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best Bag Transfer Service?

MichaelF4

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese Coastal 2017
Camino Frances 2018
Camino Frances, Camino Invierno 2019
Hi Fellow Walkers,

Any picks for best service to use for a bag transfer on the coastal route?

Thanks,

Mike

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We used Secur. Our bags were sent to our address on a Friday. No one was there so when we arrived we had no gear. We couldn't get bags till Monday Couldn't contact them Had to change travel while waiting.
So make sure you send them to an albergue or staffed hotel

I'm hoping to find a service that uses an app or other means to allow some flexibility. I'll be carrying most of my gear but need access to my duffel every few days. I have to bring my work laptop with me and don't want to carry it.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We just used Tuitrans 2 days ago. Contacted via email after 8 pm and they responded and picked up our packs around 9am next day. When we got to our next stop, they were there waiting for us. Only 7euro each. We were satisfied.
Ihad already looked into their service and was happy to hear our host also recommended their services.

I'm hoping to find a service that uses an app or other means to allow some flexibility. I'll be carrying most of my gear but need access to my duffel every few days. I have to bring my work laptop with me and don't want to carry it.

Hi Michael and welcome to the Forum.

These threads may be helpful as well: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...ansfer-on-portugese-camino.47098/#post-502865
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/bag-transport-on-portuguese.38112/#post-372731

You can see what works for you depending on your starting town.

Enjoy all the planning and Buen Camino!
Faith

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! My partner and I are preparing to do around 7 days of the Camino Portuguese route, starting at the end of April. We're flying to Porto from Edinburgh, and looking at the best route to...
Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...
Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back