• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best bike tour companies?

JuliaB

I am wishing to cycle the Camino with a company, as I am an over 50 year-old woman and will be travelling from the US by myself. There are so many different companies with prices all over the map. Does anyone have any suggestions? Gracias a todos.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Julia...

I used Cycling.rentals.com last year to go from Burgos to near Leon.
They were really onto it with organization. The bike (touring with panniers) was fantastic.
Accept I got two flat tyres. (They only supply you with one spare tube).

I biked alone (I was 43). I really enjoyed both walking and biking.
Thank you, Lise. I am afraid of mechanical issues and am looking for a supported ride. Otherwise, I would venture out on my own!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you, William. I will check them out!

I can second Exodus. They managed to get us safely round Zambia in an overlander and camping amongst the local wildlife so I'm sure they can get a group of cyclists across Northern Spain without too many hitches.

Would recommend them.

I can second Exodus. They managed to get us safely round Zambia in an overlander and camping amongst the local wildlife so I'm sure they can get a group of cyclists across Northern Spain without too many hitches.

Would recommend them.
Thanks, Cambridge! A second vote of confidence is good to hear.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Julia...

I used Cycling.rentals.com last year to go from Burgos to near Leon.
They were really onto it with organization. The bike (touring with panniers) was fantastic.
Accept I got two flat tyres. (They only supply you with one spare tube).

I biked alone (I was 43). I really enjoyed both walking and biking.

Caminoways.com do organised tours with groups staying in hotels and bringing your luggage onwards daily and they also will organise a self guided tour which includes the hotels, bab transport and bike only. I cycled the same route alone using the itinary from camino ways.com and booked everything myself...saved a few euro but was initially a bit lonely on my own. As the trip gets near Sarria you meet more people, cycling in the mountains is challenging so you need a good mountain bike with front suspension, good luck, I am older than you and was grand, nice dinners n a few glasses of wine at night with tapas n life is good, enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
I have posted on this subject before however am now re-planning our adventure. We are looking at a 20-25 day period (Pamplona-SDC-Finnisterre) so renting maybe expensive (around E120 for 7 days comes to almost E500). Yes I know that's a bit longer than usual but we aim to take rest breaks, plus one of us is limited to approx 40 km a day (30 km on the hill stages). So does anyone know of a good bike shop in Pamplona who could sell us to road/touring bikes; Used in VG condition might be acceptable or even a buy/back deal. Thanks

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello.

Anybody as done the "Camino" ? I am thinking do in it from Porto (Portugal) to Santiado de Compostela (Spain).

I was checking and i will rent a bike at Fold n visit store (CITY TOURS | WALKING TOURS | BIKE TOURS |RENTAL BIKE|CYCLING HOLIDAYS).
I am panning this irip for 2016 with family. I don´t know if bying a package is diferent from doing this tour by my owne.
Regards SM
Hola Pinxante (and Julia) from my research BikeIberia is probably to largest and most experience cycle renting organisation - delivers your bike basically anywhere (from Pamplona?). Again from the research they do not do maintenance for you unless the bike has a major failure - you get a puncture repair kit and one or two spare tubes. If you were looking at a Camino of less than 15 days the packaged deals might be the go - campanionship long the way; luggage transport; cycle maintenance when required.
I did see one or two of those mini-folding bikes but they were only carrying their day packs (camera; water; lunch and maybe a guide book) and I never saw one of the really rough stages. From memory the two I say were in Burgos and heading West for the next 10 or so days.
Not ridden the Porto but have ridden the majority of the Frances (from Pamplona). Cheers

I spoke with someone from Cycling the Camino (http://www.cyclingthecamino.com/) in Santiago in October, and they sound a bit similar to BikeIberia, but focused on Camino biking. Cycling the Camino will ship their bikes to anywhere in Spain, Portugal and France (delivery prices vary based upon country - 30 euro to ship anywher in Spain, for example), and you just return the bike to their shop in Santiago de Compostela when you are done. They speak English too, if that's a factor, and their FAQs refer to a network of bike repair shops that they will call for you should one be needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Ivan. I believe I can rent two bikes through you between Burgos and Leon. Can you let me know if this is possible? I plan to arrive in Burgos on 11 May and start cycling the next day. Thanks
Plan to cycle between Burgos and Leon over three or four days. Are there any interesting detours between these two cities that would take up a 4th day?

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back