• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best blog platform on my phone?

JillGat

la tierra encantada
Time of past OR future Camino
I have used Blogger/Blogspot and WordPress on my computer. I've never been able to figure out how to post pictures directly on them from my phone (I email the pictures to myself, put them in a file on my desktop and then upload them from there). I have an Android and would love to blog and post pictures on the road.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You can upload directly from the camera on your phone, to your Wordpress blog, using your Android phone. There are different ways to do it, including selecting a photo in your Gallery, clicking the "share" icon, and selecting Wordpress. Another way is to start a new post, click on the +, and select a photo from your Gallery.

I realize my explanation is not very complete, but be assured that it is possible and you don't need to email the photos. If you put the Wordpress app on your phone and start playing around with it (and use Google and YouTube for help!) you will figure it out. It's a good idea to practice at home first.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I use blogger and you can request an email address you can send to post the blog for you. I have been doing that for all my caminos since blogged daily on the road. Easy and you don't need to install any app, just the email client.
1. To: field is the email to post to Blogger
2. Subject: field is the Blog post title.
3. Body: field is writing for the post
4. Attachment: field for the photo I'd taken from my phone camera will also go into the blog post

This seems to be the best way to blog for me since I can draft the email (blog post) offline and sent them when I can find wifi (or internet data from local SIM card).
I believe there should be a similar feature in Wordpress.
* Note for Blogger. I will limit to no more than 4 images in the email attachment as a couple of times 6 or more images didn't go through for me. It blog got posted but without the images. I suspect there is a limit to the size of the email for posting to blogger.

You can check out my blog from my profile. They are all posted via email.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.