• In case you had not seen it, there is a new link in the top menu to the most popular contents on the forum from the last 90 days, 1 year and all the way from the beginning in 2004.
A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Best Camino by bike?

2020 Camino Guides

ChrisMac

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Norte, Portuguese, Madrid, Primitivo, Salvador....next is Mozarabe
Hi Camino family! Hope you are all well? I am proposing my first bicycle Camino after 14 hiking trips on various Caminos. I wondered what anyone's experiences/ timescales were of various Caminos by bike,?
Thanks in advance

Chris X

steve 217

Camino(s) past & future
Camino frances planning via del la plata
Hi Chris

Just. Come upon your thread hope your Camino planning went well for me the Portugese from Porto along the coastal route was a great bicyle route if time short .
Personally im planning the via de la plata when i can get a minimum of 2 weeks .
Hope all well Buen Camino

justin credible

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013), Via de la Plata (2016) and (2017)
I've cycled two routes on different occasions, the Camino Frances and the Via de la Plata. I did the Via de la Plata from Seville to Santiago in May this year and would recommend it. I stayed mainly on the road as the road from Seville to Zamora is relatively quiet as there is a motorway which takes most of the traffic along that route. I stopped in Salamanca for two nights for a break, a good place to stop as it's a beautiful city and it's about half way between Seville and Santiago. The journey took me 14 days.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 49 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 174 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 282 24.3%