• Some parts of the forum are not loading as they should. We are working on it.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Best Camino Madrid app with gps offline map

Troyvan

Time of past OR future Camino
Francis, Norte, VDLP, Ingles
Hola Perigrinos,
Has anyone found or ever used a Camino Madrid app that has an offline gps map. (ie a map that shows your current location on the trail)?
We have always found a gps map for all our other Caminos and they were invaluable in keeping us on track whenever we lost site of the yellow arrows or made a wrong turn.
For some reason I cannot seem to find a gps trail map for the Camino Madrid on line. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers - Dusti & Skye

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hola!
I have the Camino de Madrid on maps.me (it also works offline), I can't remember where I got the download (I will try to find) . Otherwise, I use maps.me just because it works offline, but it also has more details than google maps. There are CdM gps for wikiloc and I think it also works offline. https://nl.wikiloc.com/routes-wandelen/camino-de-madrid-51828319

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
On my phone I always have the maps of "all" caminos provided on the Dutch Confraternity website. That is my baseline and all routes are conveniently on a single file. I will never be stuck without a track, no matter where I find myself in Spain! Then I sometimes add other tracks that I find on wikiloc, or tracks suggested by forum members, to give me additional choices.

A good source for the Camino de Madrid route, including downloadable tracks, is rayyrosa.com . They are forum members - @rayyrosa - and also have a Facebook site.

There is good summary information and links to tracks on the first post of our virtual walk on the Camino de Madrid found here. For more discussion of gps apps, click on the tag "maps gps & tracks" - now added to this thread under the title.

I hope this gives you some leads to pursue!

Back