• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best Camino Norte Guide Book

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I have just bought Cicerone pilgrim route The northern Caminos by Laura Prazzoli & Dave Whitson (English edition 2015) ÂŁ14.85 Amazon. coming in at 17cm long 6.5" and 11cm 4.5" wide 318 pages long, with too many photos, maps look ok but not great as in Briereleys books no gradient map, it does have albergue hostel help with telephone numbers and prices and quite a heavy publication. It has very mixed reviews on Amazon. If you have a mobile or i pad I would suggest downloading available info on to them which can be readily found on this site and out there on the internet. There is a link on here for 2017 alberques for the Norte, but I suspect you've already come across this. Good luck hunting.

Should be Laura Perazzoli, apologies. One thing to note the book does have guides for Norte, Primitivo and Ingles and finisterre too.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
The CSJ (UK) guides are very detailed. The Norte is divided into two booklets Ruta de La Costa:- Irun to Villaviciosa, with the route through along the coast also included, and Villaviciosa to Arzua.
We added in information from the Northern Caminos book and left it at home for future reference as it covers more than the Norte.

Cicerone is fine, but heavy and made up of tiny pages with little info on each, which means that if you want to photograph the pages you will need for your walk on your smart phone you will be taking pictures all day.

I used Editorial Buen Camino and it did the job.

The one I wish was translated in a language I understand is the German Roher guide. Tiny, filled with info, the best maps.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I love that there are now English options!!! In 2011 I used the spanish, 1 german and the only English one I could find!

Hello! Is your guidebook available?? About to start the northern route

Hello Bizzie,

I have a copy of the "The Northern Caminos" Cicerone guide I won't use again. If you are in the UK I'd be happy to post it to you. No charge, no catch, I just don't need it anymore.

Buen (guide-finding) Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back