• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best Camino Videos...EVER....IYHO!

lizlane

Small Town Girl, Small Town World
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2019
I searched the threads but could see nothing related to this particular topic. Beyond the movie "The Way" which I have watched so often I can do the dialogue of whole scenes, I was curious to what other youtube videos (besides your own that you lived/walked/filmed) that keep you motivated.

Here is a short-list of the videos that keep me coming back for more, again and again:
  1. Has steadily reduced me to tears in less than five minutes. Requires reading.
  2. Gets me every time. It's the change in her eyes by arrival and love for Dads that share!
  3. Watch until about half-way through when you see his meltdown. Priceless.
  4. Our very own "No Money Jim". Pilgrims singing Ultreiya and truly an amateur video!
Short-list for "professional" films"
  1. "The Way" available for download on Amazon.
  2. "Six Ways to Santiago" so, so, so good. Still thinking about Bonnie and little Cyrian!
  3. "Travel Light" features our very own No Money Jim about an hour in.
Please post your own!

P.S. If anyone knows how to obtain a copy of "Not a Path of Roses" please let me know. I've been looking for quite sometime!

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Oh that's an epic video that surely needs to be here!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I searched the threads but could see nothing related to this particular topic. Beyond the movie "The Way" which I have watched so often I can do the dialogue of whole scenes, I was curious to what other youtube videos (besides your own that you lived/walked/filmed) that keep you motivated.

Here is a short-list of the videos that keep me coming back for more, again and again:
  1. Has steadily reduced me to tears in less than five minutes. Requires reading.
  2. Gets me every time. It's the change in her eyes by arrival and love for Dads that share!
  3. Watch until about half-way through when you see his meltdown. Priceless.
  4. Our very own "No Money Jim". Pilgrims singing Ultreiya and truly an amateur video!
Short-list for "professional" films"
  1. "The Way" available for download on Amazon.
  2. "Six Ways to Santiago" so, so, so good. Still thinking about Bonnie and little Cyrian!
  3. "Travel Light" features our very own No Money Jim about an hour in.
Please post your own!

P.S. If anyone knows how to obtain a copy of "Not a Path of Roses" please let me know. I've been looking for quite sometime!
You can watch the way for free on You Tube if you would like.

I find most of the youtube videos on walking the Camino to be pretty cookie cutter similar. Filled with the same old cliche sayings, music and camera work. You know, the old "you never walk alone" bit, or "the Camino provides", etc. Scenes of farm animals, a cat playing. An old woman or man herding sheep or cows. A communal meal or a glass of wine and tapas. etc etc etc....All to the backdrop of almost muzak worthy tunes in the background. Some even play music that they had in the movie "The Way", which I enjoyed very much, but never viewed as a realistic portrayal of actually walking the Camino. The Camino was merely the backdrop for a father and son relationship, IMO.
There are a few decent youtube videos showing just the actual Camino walking in a technical sense. No drama or emotion attempted, just showing what the route looks like, but I do not recommend watching anything like that because it takes away the unknown. The surprise. Those are half the wonderful experience. Why walk if you already know what to expect because some wannabe Steven Spielberg filmed the entire route with his silly drone?
Even the "professionally" made films about the Way, ones done in a docudrama type format, are obviously scripted to some degree. Such as that six ways to Santiago one, and the other one about several young men from the US walking together. Entertaining, but they are what they are.

I love them all. Mainly because they keep me excited about my goals and for the past seven years, they have been the only way I've been able to see the Camino. The surprise for me will be seeing it firsthand and the people I will get to meet along the Way. There is only one I watched that I liked least. a movie called "The Unlikely Pilgrims" about a group of addicts who were conscripted to walk post-rehab.

It was painful to watch because it was clear that the tantrums and meltdowns were a result of what happens when people are unprepared for the difficulties, have no clear-cut personal reason for walking, try to keep pace with others, are not prepared mentally for the task at hand, what happens when you follow someone with an agenda. But watching it was still better than not in my opinion. It showed me the kind of pilgrim I don't want to be. If no one has any favorites they would like to share, even from the more technical end of things, this thread should die down quickly for those who don't care for the topic.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
[Edit: The following cannot be truly described as inspirational but I do describe them. Be aware that I have no money back guarantee.]

I have viewed very few of camino YouTube videos but I did enjoy the series by Efren Gonzalez, aka YouTube user efrenglez1, aka YouTube Channel SummitXtreme. [Edit: I watched one and got hooked enough to watch them all.] Efren sometimes used drones on the daily videos and he also has a series of only drone footage.
Go to https://www.youtube.com/user/efrenglez1/videos

Just a few days ago I blundered onto a YouTube channel that had a SJPdP to Muxia camino recorded. And the videos listed are long. A seven and a half hour trip along the Route Napoleon was recorded in a five hour video for example. I noticed that one day had almost seven hours of video although there are some of just a few hours. The videos were made (or uploaded) by BK Lee recording a trip made between September 18 and October 23, 2018. They are listed at the webpage linked to below with day 1 at the bottom.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHRj1BI6Cyk4HSezaGGfgTQ

I'm not saying that BK Lee's videos are particularly good because I just jumped around in a few but if you want to relive a day's walk you may like them.

Last edited:
I love them all. Mainly because they keep me excited about my goals and for the past seven years, they have been the only way I've been able to see the Camino. The surprise for me will be seeing it firsthand and the people I will get to meet along the Way. There is only one I watched that I liked least. a movie called "The Unlikely Pilgrims" about a group of addicts who were conscripted to walk post-rehab.

It was painful to watch because it was clear that the tantrums and meltdowns were a result of what happens when people are unprepared for the difficulties, have no clear-cut personal reason for walking, try to keep pace with others, are not prepared mentally for the task at hand, what happens when you follow someone with an agenda. But watching it was still better than not in my opinion. It showed me the kind of pilgrim I don't want to be. If no one has any favorites they would like to share, even from the more technical end of things, this thread should die down quickly for those who don't care for the topic.
I thought this movie was kind of nice. Made a few years before walking the Camino became as popular as it is now.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I've watch a lot of these including Efen's. This lot are by Thomas Arnold a young Irish guy who worked for 5 days. I found these ones entertaining and informative as well.

There are a few decent youtube videos showing just the actual Camino walking in a technical sense. No drama or emotion attempted, just showing what the route looks like, but I do not recommend watching anything like that because it takes away the unknown. The surprise. Those are half the wonderful experience. Why walk if you already know what to expect because some wannabe Steven Spielberg filmed the entire route with his silly drone?

I never, ever look at detailed videos of anywhere I'm planning to travel - for exactly this reason. Guidebooks of course, but never videos, if I'm seen it all why would I go! And frankly too many videos about life lessons make me wonder whether I want to do the walk at all.

I never, ever look at detailed videos of anywhere I'm planning to travel - for exactly this reason. Guidebooks of course, but never videos, if I'm seen it all why would I go! And frankly too many videos about life lessons make me wonder whether I want to do the walk at all.
A good life lesson I suppose would be for the video maker's not to get too cliche-ish. Like a page out of a motivational speaker 101 handbook, or greeting cards. :D

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Lissie, I found the videos inspirational as I had originally planned to walk for only 7 days however after watching the videos changed my mind and I walked the full CF. :)

Here is my choice, World Towning walked the Camino last year and Vlogged all the way. I loved their videos, but as you watch them you can see the production quality increase as time went by. I loved when we walked the Camino later last year coming across places where Will had filmed. Stick with them, you will enjoy.....

A superb film is "St jacques la mecque", made in 2005 by the French directress Coline Serreau, by far better than "The Way." You can find glimpses of it on YouTube, but not the entire film. It was shot on location(s), with an excellent cast of French actors, shows the real thing but avoids cliches. It is definitely worth purchasing from a bona fide store.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
@Poppy-Pete and @Hound-of-Ulster, I'm really enjoying watching these and have shared them with my FB groups because some people are taking their kids. What I particularly loved is that these are world-traveled hikers and Stage One has them winded. They look alot fitter than myself so I think the message is the same advice we get here...travel light, walk your own pace.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Here is my choice, World Towning walked the Camino last year and Vlogged all the way. I loved their videos, but as you watch them you can see the production quality increase as time went by. I loved when we walked the Camino later last year coming across places where Will had filmed. Stick with them, you will enjoy.....
These people are great. I loved what they’re doing so much I’m a Patreon of theirs.

@Poppy-Pete and @Hound-of-Ulster, I'm really enjoying watching these and have shared them with my FB groups because some people are taking their kids. What I particularly loved is that these are world-traveled hikers and Stage One has them winded. They look alot fitter than myself so I think the message is the same advice we get here...travel light, walk your own pace.
they definitely didn’t travel light! 😬 25kgs In Will’s pack iirc

"St jacques ... la mecque", made in 2005 by the French directress Coline Serreau. The best Camino movie I have seen. Excellent story, real locations, excellent cast.
This is the link to it on my Google drive. Download the zip file to your computer (not phone or tablet), open it and enjoy. Contains built-in English subs. I'll keep it in my drive for a couple of months.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

i was unaware of this documentary until this post. I was happy to see it is included in amazon prime (in the US at least).
Mild Spoilers below........

I really thought right away that it was a huge mistake for ronan to go but not as a counselor, yet I kind of got the impression that he still felt he was in charge of the group. I think it is hard to redefine relationships when before they may not have spent much time in social situations. It is one thing to think 30k a day is doable, before trying to do it day after day. I can't help but think that if they were going slower or least having discussion about were to stop they wouldn't have the felt the need to take a bus or as in once case quit alltogther. I thought it was telling that the participants in the group did not feel comfortable voicing their opinions/concerns until after they got back. It was too bad it ended up with ronan having to resign, I think he loved the camino so much it kind of blinded him to the realitles of taking a group on it, and how hard it might be for others. I was glad when dave decided to rertun to finish at least.

Hi everyone.
While walking the Camino Frances in October last year I came across the following stop sign. To which I took a photo of it. My fellow British Pelligrino friend mentioned that this was a youtube series that was great to watch, and upon finishing the Camino I watched his short series and found myself laughing in what he has put together as I too experienced the same scenarios and stories.
Great for a recap, and great for any newbies who are looking for the lighter side of what to expect.
Don't Stop Walking on YouTube.
Enjoy

Attachments

• 20181016_092052.jpg
    20181016_092052.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 17
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have viewed very few of camino YouTube videos but I did enjoy the series by Efren Gonzalez, aka YouTube user efrenglez1, aka YouTube Channel SummitXtreme. [Edit: I watched one and got hooked enough to watch them all.] Efren sometimes used drones on the daily videos and he also has a series of only drone footage.
Go to https://www.youtube.com/user/efrenglez1/videos
Same here - I watched all his 3 'series' - the vlog, the 1 minute and from the air.
I even emailed him in re: couple of questions I had and he was very kind to respond!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back