• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best Intentions I hope...

A

Anonymous

A few months ago, I began a social informal email exchange chat with a lady who was planning on starting the camino in mid-april. She posted here, and gave a link to her blog, which she promised to update while on the trail, as often as she could.

I told her I would follow her blog to share the journey and get some insight to the adventure. Aside from the usual "I'm going to walk the Camino because....." entries, there was one "I finally made it, cold and wet but I'm at the starting point, here we go..." entry.

That was April 15, and there has been no further entries, and she has not been here on this site since she left the USA.

Being optimistic that even with all the Internet cafe's and access points en route, I am guessing the spirit of adventure took over with a *shrug* and "will fill this in when I get home" attitude...and she is enjoying the experience withot a care.

If anyone has heard of her, a heads up would be nice.

Her Profile: http://www.caminodesantiago.me/board/member13398.html
Her Blog:http://roadtounbroken.com/

Even though I never met her, I worry. :(

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I write a blog myself. One thing I have learned is I rarely enjoy blogging while in the middle of an experience of a lifetime. When I walked the Camino last year, I barely had enough energy and time to email the friends and family back home. Posting to my blog was the last thing on my mind. Enjoying the moment with the wonderful people around me was everything.

Hopefully she has also learned this lesson and is enjoying an incredible Camino experience.

Yes, it can also be difficult to write what you want on a communal PC in an albergue/bar, with people hanging around waiting for their turn. She possibly thought it better to rediscover pen and paper and sit under a tree in the afternoon.

Buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
well, thanks to the sleuth actions of a fellow concerned friend here, she has been found, on the Camino, alive and well and having the time of her life....phew! :D

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
alan13446 said:
well, thanks to the sleuth actions of a fellow concerned friend here, she has been found, on the Camino, alive and well and having the time of her life....phew! :D
Why am I not surprised? :D

Buen Camino!

"I barely had enough energy and time to email the friends and family back home."

This rings a bell with me :D ... even though it's free on web or 13c on phone, but when you're out there you're ...?
Glad to hear your friend is safe.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Good to hear that all is well with your friend. I can totally see why one would just want to "live the experience in the moment" and post later. I know that I had NO INTEREST in communicating with friends and family at home except for the required e-mail once a week to let them know that I was alive and doing well. What I did thoroughly enjoy was taking pen to paper and keeping a journal - the old fashion way :) !

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back