• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

best part for about 5 days

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
how is the weather between lucca and sienna in begining of april?
does pilgrim accomodations are open at this time?
is it problem to walk because of free dogs on the way ?
thank you

It is some years since I walked the VF, but there are some wonderful sections for a five day walk. Are you particularly interested in Italy? The area in France around Besancon is lovely, and it is a wonderful walk up to Gran San Bernard Pass, and the subsequent journey down to Aosta and beyond. The hilltop villages such as San Gimignano are wonderful too, as are the villages of Montefiascone and Bolsena (and its Lake).

As I said, it is some years since I walked this route, but at that time I had no problems with dogs, though I was warned about them. The warning was actually not to approach sheep if I saw them. I couldnt work out what was different about Australian sheep to Italian ones - until someone explained that it was the dogs that looked after them that were dangerous, not the sheep!

Here is my blog from that time if you are interested. http://janetleitch.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/

Hi Ofer. Your question is good.
I walked the Via Francigena from Canterbury to Rome in 2017 (Aug - Oct).
There are many great 5 day sections.

In Tuscany, I thought the best 5 days was from San Miniato to Buonconvento.
Buonconvento is one day's walk passed Siena.

I did not see many dogs.

There were many pilgrim accommodations open in October.

Have a great walk,
Mark.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I did not see many dogs.
A fascinating response! But the rest of it, apparently, right on target in relation to the question.

hi
what is best part about 5 days in via francigena? lucca to sienna?
Martigny over the GSB to Aosta - if the pass is still open

The main problems with dogs are in Tuscany and Lazio. I met a pilgrim who'd been bitten by a dog minding sheep, even though he (the pilgrim) did nothing but walk on the path.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
hi
is it o.k to begin at lucca at beginning of april? weather?rain?mud?
are there any more pilgrims?
thank you

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Jougne, the end of the last stage in France? Thanks. Karl

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back