A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Best Place to Obtain Passport

Camino(s) past & future
May (2013)
September (2015)
I am hoping to begin walking shortly after arriving in St. Jean and was considering obtaining my passport before traveling. Is there any advantage to waiting to obtain the passport in the office in St. Jean, or does it matter?

M

Mark Lee

What time are you arriving in St Jean? The pilgrim's office opens early and both times I obtained my passport there, there was no line or waiting. Also you can get a passport at the tourism office there, or you can get one from this forum.

rlang290

Camino(s) past & future
March 2015
I am hoping to begin walking shortly after arriving in St. Jean and was considering obtaining my passport before traveling. Is there any advantage to waiting to obtain the passport in the office in St. Jean, or does it matter?
Or you can also get one from a Camino group such as the Canadian Company of Pilgrims (that's where my wife and I got ours) or the equivalent one in your country.

Ron

Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route. 2018 was Camino #14
You can obtain the credential at the Pilgrim Office in SJPP or any number of places, including here on this forum.
When do you begin walking?

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
I order mine here on the forum or from the American Friends here:http://www.americanpilgrims.com/camino/credential_req.html
Last time through SJPP was Easter-time and the office there provided hundreds of pilgrims with their credential and none were left! Better in any case to have one before arriving and have them stamp it there.

Camino(s) past & future
May (2013)
September (2015)
You can obtain the credential at the Pilgrim Office in SJPP or any number of places, including here on this forum.
When do you begin walking?
Thanks to all replies. I am leaving on September 1 and would like very much to purchase one through this forum. Is there a link I am missing? Thank you again.

Peter Fransiscus

Do good and good will come to you.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Hi Suzanne, you can get it at the pilgrims office / at this forum and in your own country by a organisation of St.James.

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 40 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 136 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 223 24.8%