• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best restaurant along Camino Ingles?

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances- 2017
Santiago- Finisterre (2018)
I am very happy to be walking another Camino over my birthday. This time the Camino Ingles in April! I was lucky enough to have recommendations from this forum for last year’s walk to Finisterre and I wondered if there were any special places to eat along the way from Ferrol to Santiago that you would suggest for very good food and comfortable for solo female?
With thanks

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Meson Museo Xente no Camino in Presedo was great. Camino goes past its backyard.

EDIT: If you really want to enjoy it to the fullest then stay in municipal albergue in Presedo. There's very nice lawn at the back to rest in nice weather :)

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
https://www.facebook.com/ocamino.doingles/ Daniel is a chef with wonderful imagination. His ingredients are sourced locally and I loved spending time eating/drinking (they have a sommelier who paired my drinks to the food) and talking about his philosophy of cuisine. This is NOT a menu de dia or pilgrim menu restaurant. His menu is posted on a blackboard and changes daily.
C/ San Francisco 17
Ferrol, Spain

Best meal I had was at Casa Rural Dona Maria in Buscas about an hour down the road from hospital de Bruma. home cooked food by the hostess, which tasted like home cooked food. Only problem is that you need to stay there for the night in order to sample it.

Bla Bla Café in Ferrol was also good, but you need to be lucky to grab a table.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Meson Museo is basically the only place to eat on the long stage between Betanzos and Hospital de Bruma. Bar Avelina further on was not too salubrious in my opinion

One thing to emphasise is that unlike the Frances, on the Ingles, there isn't the plethora of bars, restaurants and drinking fountains every two kilometres or so.

Just to illustrate on the Betanzos to Hospital de Bruma stage. I left Betanzos (in April) at 08.30 for the long trek up to Hospital de Bruma (and thence to Buscas) - 10 hours. In April, you cannot really start any earlier, because Galicia, further west than the UK and Ireland, but one hour ahead, is pitch black in the morning until about 08.30. I made good progress and made the wonderful museum at Presedo with its restaurant, just after 11am. Too early for the restaurant to serve lunch, as they were still preparing for the day ahead. I therefore had the choice, wait there for an hour and then have lunch, or a quick drink and press on.

Press on I did, but the next place for sustenance at Bar Avelina was almost 3 hours away; too late for their lunch. The learning point is that on the Ingles, you need to carry provisions with you (fruit, water, snacks), especially on the two days from Betanzos to Sigueiro, where you do not pass a single shop. Luckily I had prepared a packed lunch in Betanzos from the hotel (night before from the supermarket if you are staying in the albergue), but if I did not have this, I would have struggled.

Because of the late start to daylight, the Galician countryside also starts late. Supermarkets open in the morning, after you want to start. The end effect in the evening, is that if you arrive at your destination, say at 6pm and want an early dinner and bed, you struggle. Even in the larger places like Ferrol and Betanzos, finding a place for dinner which is not a pizza before 8.30pm is difficult. That is why Casa Rural Dona Maria was so good. Arrived at 6pm, washed and cleaned up, and had my freshly prepared evening meal at 7pm, and finally, could have an early night and a long rest for the next day ahead.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.