A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Best Time of Day to Get Compostela

DSWalker

Camino(s) past & future
(2018)
I’ve gotten so much useful information from this wonderful group of forum participants. Thank You! I’m currently on Camino Frances with my adult daughter. We will be in Santiago on June 10 or 11. I hear the line to receive a Compostela can be hours long. What is the best (least busy) time to go to this office?

RJM

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
A few times
The last time I was there was after the new pilgrim's office was opened and I got my compostela early in the morning when they first opened up. There were maybe a dozen pilgrims ahead of me. I had spent the night before at Monte de Gozo, and arrived at the cathedral by 7:00 am.
Most pilgrims seem to arrive in Santiago in the early afternoon. If you try to get a compostela then during the busy season there will be a line.
If you are arriving in the afternoon and and are spending the night and want to avoid a long wait at the pilgrim's office, wake up early the next morning and get it then.

DSWalker

Camino(s) past & future
(2018)
Thank you. That’s helpful. After posting this question, I found the other recent thread on the topic. Sorry for the duplication.

RJM

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
A few times
Thank you. That’s helpful. After posting this question, I found the other recent thread on the topic. Sorry for the duplication.
The hours for the pilgrims's office in Santiago per their website:
"Monday to Sunday 8.00 a.m. – 9.00 p.m.: At Easter and in Summer from 1st April to 30th October. "

Walking Lover

Camino(s) past & future
CdS from Leon to Santiago, June 16, 2016 to June 30, 2016.
I’ve gotten so much useful information from this wonderful group of forum participants. Thank You! I’m currently on Camino Frances with my adult daughter. We will be in Santiago on June 10 or 11. I hear the line to receive a Compostela can be hours long. What is the best (least busy) time to go to this office?
9 in the morning; be there when the office opens. In 2016, we stayed in Lavacolla, arrived in Santiago around 9, waited 15 min. In '17, we arrived in the afternoon and waited 3 hrs.

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 153 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 254 25.0%