• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best time to walk Levante

sharon w

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007
Camino Portugues 2009
Via Podiensis, Camino Frances, Camino Finisterre 2012
Cammino di Assisi 2014
Via Podiensis, Camino del Norte, Camino Frances(Astorga to Santiago) 2015
Aussie Camino 2016
Hoping to do Levante next year. When is the best time to walk? I would think early spring might be quite wet. I am thinking April or maybe halfway through September.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
September might still be hot. I walked Valencia - Toledo June/July and it was obviously very hot, especially in Toledo 40c!

I returned to Toledo on Good Friday (believe April that year) and had lovely weather until Ávila and the mountains. It was 0c leaving Ávila and I had awful rain crossing the passes yet I still remember it as being beautiful.

I'd go for May or October. Just my 2 cents.

Hoping to do Levante next year. When is the best time to walk? I would think early spring might be quite wet. I am thinking April or maybe halfway through September.
My blog (linked in my signature) informs me that I started walking on May 3. It was the perfect time for wildflowers, green fields, and good weather. There are lots of stretches with wide open spaces and fields extending in all directions, so going at a time when those fields are emerald green, with big splotches of red poppies scattered about, is magical.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I walked from 5th September in 2017, and arrived in Santiago de Compostela on 23rd October. the conditions seemed absolutely perfect to me and, like Ant, I had only two days of rain.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I can’t speak re a fall Camino Levante, but we walked some of this route in early spring. We actually started in Alicante on the Ruta de la Lana then switched over to the Levante. We started in late February from Alicante and picked up the Levante pretty quickly. I don’t recall a lot of rain but we did run into snow flurries once we were pretty far north. Winter skies were cloudy a lot of days but not a lot of precipitation. As far as rain goes, there was much much more spring rain on the Via de la Plata the year I walked it. I think the spring rains fall more in April than Feb-March, but keep in mind it’s weather we are talking about— and weather in general has a mind of its own! The year we started in Alicante in Feb. the weather was overall quite nice— at least it was ideal for my preference, not too cold and not too hot.

My blog (linked in my signature) informs me that I started walking on May 3. It was the perfect time for wildflowers, green fields, and good weather. There are lots of stretches with wide open spaces and fields extending in all directions, so going at a time when those fields are emerald green, with big splotches of red poppies scattered about, is magical.
Thanks Laurie.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
September might still be hot. I walked Valencia - Toledo June/July and it was obviously very hot, especially in Toledo 40c!

I returned to Toledo on Good Friday (believe April that year) and had lovely weather until Ávila and the mountains. It was 0c leaving Ávila and I had awful rain crossing the passes yet I still remember it as being beautiful.

I'd go for May or October. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks LTfit.

I started walking on 23 Sep last year. The weather was perfect and dry but I didn't see much of green fields and wildflowers . May will be nice month what peregrina2000 said.
Thanks Juliana. I think spring might be the time to go.

Thanks everyone. I think a spring Camino on the Levante sounds the best from the comments above. We will be walking in the north of Spain in April so will probably fly to Valencia after that to begin the Levante. I had been thinking of coming back to Spain later in the year but back to back caminos might work better.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Sharon. Looking at your profile, you obviously have a lot of experience walking the Camino I am going back to continue the Levante in April. I have 300 klm completed and looking forward to continuing this year. The two things that I would mention about the Levante is that it is a very quiet Camino, very few pilgrims. Over the first 300 klm, I have met only a couple of other pilgrims. The second thing that I would mention is heat, not rain, but heat. April should be ok, but once you are into May and through the summer, the temperatures in central Spain can be very high 40c+. Even halfway through September could be hot. I am going in April and I will go again in October.
Buen Camino
Dave

Hi Sharon. Looking at your profile, you obviously have a lot of experience walking the Camino I am going back to continue the Levante in April. I have 300 klm completed and looking forward to continuing this year. The two things that I would mention about the Levante is that it is a very quiet Camino, very few pilgrims. Over the first 300 klm, I have met only a couple of other pilgrims. The second thing that I would mention is heat, not rain, but heat. April should be ok, but once you are into May and through the summer, the temperatures in central Spain can be very high 40c+. Even halfway through September could be hot. I am going in April and I will go again in October.
Buen Camino
Dave
Thanks Dave.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back