Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

Best Times

JLV

Past OR future Camino
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to ask, when do the schools in Spain, get back in session, and when do most Spaniards take vacations locally?

Camino walkers love this gripping, intriguing, mystery with history novel.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

C clearly

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Most years since 2012. Hoping now for 2022.
Are you asking in order to avoid large crowds? The Spaniards are mostly on the section from Sarria to Santiago, in the months of July and August. Is that the route section you are planning? In SJPP, there is a surge in pilgrims (largely non-Spanish) starting in September and early October. The "best time" will depend on your starting point and your wish for company.

As @ C clearly states: starts from SJPDP in September and early October is normally a surge. With the relaxation of COVID travel restrictions, in general and travel from North America, in particular, I believe the surge will be greater than usual. I, for one, depart SJPDP August 26th and finish in SDC, on or about, October 1. I always travel alone. Not because I'm anti-social, but rather my intent is to meet pilgrims I may never have known, the exception being those I've met on the Forum. I pretty much let the Camino guide me along the Way with few expectations other than finishing in one piece.

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated