Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

Best travel insurance for Primitivo from UK

SasaBlack76

Past OR future Camino
Camino Primitivo
Hi All,
I was wondering if you could advise what is the best travel insurance to get for the Primitivo from UK.
I will start the Camino the 27th of September if all goes well :)
Thanks in advance.
Sandra

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Past OR future Camino
Hi Sandra
I have found in the past most travel insurances cover you for the Camino. I have one though my bank account and the only time they ever questioned me was for Camino Frances because of the height in the Pyrenees. Apparently above a certain altitude they consider it mountaineering not hiking but they were ok with it. I don't think you will find a problem with the Ingles. I am also aiming to start Ingles on 27th September maybe we will bump into each other.
Buen Camino
Vince

MikeyC

Past OR future Camino
CF - September 2016
CF - April May 2017
Shikoku - October 2017
Kumano Kodo - October 2017
CF - 2019
Regular travel insurance is sufficient for Spain. Just a matter of what level of cover you want.
Remember that you should also have your EHIC (if still in date up to your expected end of Camino) or the new GHIC. Some insurers will require you to have one.

SasaBlack76

Past OR future Camino
Camino Primitivo
Thanks for your responses. My question was more in line: best insurance for Covid cover. I guess that any one that covers for Covid too should be fine.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads