• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best travel insurance for Primitivo from UK

SasaBlack76

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Primitivo
Hi All,
I was wondering if you could advise what is the best travel insurance to get for the Primitivo from UK.
I will start the Camino the 27th of September if all goes well :)
Thanks in advance.
Sandra

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Sandra
I have found in the past most travel insurances cover you for the Camino. I have one though my bank account and the only time they ever questioned me was for Camino Frances because of the height in the Pyrenees. Apparently above a certain altitude they consider it mountaineering not hiking but they were ok with it. I don't think you will find a problem with the Ingles. I am also aiming to start Ingles on 27th September maybe we will bump into each other.
Buen Camino
Vince

Regular travel insurance is sufficient for Spain. Just a matter of what level of cover you want.
Remember that you should also have your EHIC (if still in date up to your expected end of Camino) or the new GHIC. Some insurers will require you to have one.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks for your responses. My question was more in line: best insurance for Covid cover. I guess that any one that covers for Covid too should be fine.

Most read last week in this forum

I'm sure many of you like me have followed the writing of Anton Pombo, who is currently lecturing in the United States. See this interview...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.