• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best use of Voucher?

Theresa Brandon

Artist, photographer, dreamer
Time of past OR future Camino
Inglés '18, Ingles '19, Ingles '22, Portugues '22
I have a voucher from TAP Portugal that expires in early September. Since I've postponed my fall 2021 Camino to next spring, I'm unsure what to do with the voucher. I've looked for future random flights worth a similar amount, and while they say they are changeable, they aren't refundable. Do I take a chance on being able to change it to a ticket I can actually use in the future, with the risk that I might not be able to? (I can afford a new ticket, but gosh it would be nice to be able to use this somehow).
I did request an extension for another year to the voucher but it was denied.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Jump up and down, throw a tantrum and insist on a refund. Try that. It works, sometimes. Tell them you’ve been saving for months and months, that you can’t afford to lose the funds and cancellation was due to circumstances way beyond your control. Ask to speak to someone more senior, if the operator is unsympathetic. These companies work on the assumption (often correct) that we’ll simply accept and abide by their rules, their self-declared rules. It’s worth challenging them sometimes. You never know!

they say they are changeable, they aren't refundable. Do I take a chance on being able to change it to a ticket I can actually use in the future, with the risk that I might not be able to?
If I understand correctly, I don't see that you have a choice (unless, of course, Lexico's suggestion works), so there's no risk. You can either do nothing, and lose the credit, or make a reservation and hope that you can use it or change it again. It sounds like fun to make a reservation for a random trip! :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I have a voucher from TAP Portugal that expires in early September.
Jump up and down, throw a tantrum and insist on a refund.
Though I am not generally in favor of throwing a tantrum, just because I don’t think it gets you good results, I think Lexicos is on to something. Was your original flight cancelled, @Theresa Brandon? If so, TAP should have given you the option of a refund. If they didn’t, or if they did it in an obscure way, you might be able to convince them to extend the expiration date.

I chose to get a voucher originally, thinking that surely we would be able to travel this fall. By accepting a voucher I think I negated the option for a refund but I will check out the other thread and links.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I had a voucher good for one year from a cancelled round trip between Miami and Bilbao in June 2020 which was good until June 2021, then last April TAP automatically extended the voucher for a reservation made by February 2022 for travel until April 2022.
I actually was able to talk to someone at TAP about making the reservation but I have since thrown that number away. I was told if I made the reservation I could change it for travel beyond February and April of next year.
I booked a new round trip for late February 2022 to late March 2022. The new booking cost me another 125.25USD.
The confirmation I received says changes are allowed but with a penalty of 230USD.

Something that has worked for us in the past for a few things is Peg blows up (she is better at this than me) and then I come in calmly to work the with the customer service rep (with Peg much calmer herself). So our indignation is shown but the rep can see that something can be worked out. Never done over the phone though.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I have a voucher from TAP Portugal that expires in early September.
When you book another TAP flight with a TAP voucher it doesn’t have to be for yourself. I used a couple of TAP vouchers, that were credits from cancelled flights for myself and my husband, to buy a couple of TAP flights for our daughter and grandson. They can travel, but we can’t. So maybe there is someone else you can book a flight for, and they give you the money?

I have a voucher from TAP Portugal that expires in early September. Since I've postponed my fall 2021 Camino to next spring, I'm unsure what to do with the voucher. I've looked for future random flights worth a similar amount, and while they say they are changeable, they aren't refundable. Do I take a chance on being able to change it to a ticket I can actually use in the future, with the risk that I might not be able to? (I can afford a new ticket, but gosh it would be nice to be able to use this somehow).
I did request an extension for another year to the voucher but it was denied.

My voucher expires in April. My plan is to use it by then for spring/early summer of 2022. If I end up not going, I guess it’s lost.

Attached is a photo of a letter from the CEO that was probably e-mailed to all voucher holders. She invites people to contact her with any questions or concerns. Maybe it’s worth a try! Good luck.

My voucher expires in April. My plan is to use it by then for spring/early summer of 2022. If I end up not going, I guess it’s lost.

Attached is a photo of a letter from the CEO that was probably e-mailed to all voucher holders. She invites people to contact her with any questions or concerns. Maybe it’s worth a try! Good luck.

Attachments

• 5EEA1F0D-A994-4E2B-82AC-A171808F7059.png
    5EEA1F0D-A994-4E2B-82AC-A171808F7059.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back