• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best Way To Enter Levante From Madrid?

SitaClaire

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning to walk the camino mid April to mid May 2017 from Madrid
I am planning to start my walk around the 14th April from Madrid. Is it possible to walk to Levante from there or should I get a bus to Avila?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
You can also have a bus to San Martin de Valdeiglesias, or to Cebreros, which permit to cross the very nice region between San Martin and Avila (2 or, best, 3 days walking)
Buses are in the intermodal station Principe Pio, just South of the Palais Royal.
If you intend to connect Madrid with the way by foot, may be you find some route searching in Wikiloc.

Hi, SitaClare, Welcome to the forum!

Are you planning to walk the Camino de Madrid from Madrid? Or are you just saying you will be arriving in Madrid and you want to start walking on the Camino de Levante? I agree with JLWV that it would be a shame to start in Avila and miss the mountain days before it. If you have enough time, you could take a bus or train from Madrid to Toledo and start walking on the Levante there. If you don't know Toledo that would be a great opportunity to see it, it is a beautiful town chock full of things to see, but also equally full of tourists. That's why walking from there is a great idea, because it would give you a night to enjoy the peace and beauty of Toledo after dark.

If you want to walk the Camino de Madrid, you could walk the first few days to Segovia, and then take a bus from there to Avila to connect with the Levante, but I think the first suggestion is the nicer one. Buen camino, Laurie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am planning to start my walk around the 14th April from Madrid. Is it possible to walk to Levante from there or should I get a bus to Avila?
I too would like to walk from Madrid to Avila - and pick up the Camino de Levante there. Did you manage it?

Or just get a flight to Valencia and start from there!
from Madrid to Valencia the flight is the fastest way, some 30 mn, plus airport waiting time, second option is train from Atocha (AVE 1h45), and third one is bus, some 4-5 hours.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back