A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Best way to get from Madrid to Carrion de los Condes

Syncro

Camino(s) past & future
Francais
I'm picking up my Camino journey where I left off last year. I'm flying from the States and I haven't purchased my plane ticket yet but I'm thinking of flying into Madrid. Are there regional airports in the area or should I just find a train and then bus? I only recall a bus station there if my memory serves me correctly.

Thanks!

Syncro

Camino(s) past & future
Francais
Thank you, Trecile. I regret I posted this comment as I quickly realized I could have figured this out on my own.

As an aside, I FOLLOWED SO MUCH OF YOUR ADVICE last year when I embarked on my first Camino. You are an invaluable resource of this forum. Thank you!

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2 - 2016 & 2017, El Norte - Irun to Vilalba 2018
Thank you, Trecile. I regret I posted this comment as I quickly realized I could have figured this out on my own.

As an aside, I FOLLOWED SO MUCH OF YOUR ADVICE last year when I embarked on my first Camino. You are an invaluable resource of this forum. Thank you!
Awww, thanks!
blushing face.jpg

Dara H

Camino(s) past & future
Pamplona to Santiago & Fisterra (2014-2017)
Oloron to Puente la Reina (Arles/Aragones) (2018)
A couple of years ago I took a train from Madrid Chamartin to Palencia and then took a taxi to Carrion. I think that the taxi was about about €35.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
A couple of years ago I took a train from Madrid Chamartin to Palencia and then took a taxi to Carrion. I think that the taxi was about about €35.
That makes sense as the two are some 40km apart and in Spain usual taxi fare is 1€/km.

The 5 McC's

the 6mcs
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria to Santiago July 2014 and SJJP to estella 2015. Planning Estella to Bolerado 2016
Hello we travelled this journey in July this year. We went charmartin as said above and then a bus to Palencia. There is a bus to carrion de los condes which is less than 3€ but dosnt run on a saturday. Therefore we had to take taxis and because there was 5 of us we had to take 2 taxis and we were charged 56€ for each taxi.

Syncro

Camino(s) past & future
Francais
Hello we travelled this journey in July this year. We went charmartin as said above and then a bus to Palencia. There is a bus to carrion de los condes which is less than 3€ but dosnt run on a saturday. Therefore we had to take taxis and because there was 5 of us we had to take 2 taxis and we were charged 56€ for each taxi.
Good to know about Saturday! Thanks so much! The taxi seems expensive, too!

The 5 McC's

the 6mcs
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria to Santiago July 2014 and SJJP to estella 2015. Planning Estella to Bolerado 2016
Good to know about Saturday! Thanks so much! The taxi seems expensive, too!
Sorry my husband has just reminded me that there is a bus on Saturday but the last one is 13.30 and we arrived about 15.00. We think the taxis knew we were desperate to get to carrion and possibly made a small profit

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 140 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 234 25.1%