• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best way to get from O Cebreiro to Sarria?

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2013, Oct 2017, May 2022
I am walking from Leon to Santiago in May (2022) but do to time constraints have to bus or taxi from O'Cebreiro to Sarria. Rome2Rio indicates a 15:15 bus but when I expand on the page it is not listed for the date I need (May 13). Any recommendations on getting from O'Cebreiro to Sarria? I see there are some threads about this subject but all are a few years old... not sure how to link my question to another thread...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I have just taken two screenshots from Rome2Rio website. They give details of 2 companies that cover your needs. I am sorry I do not have time at the moment to do more. My experience is with Monbus from Santiago to Ferrol. I think we paid on the bus. It is considered short-haul, and many of those services are like that. You could email them, or phone if you have such an allowance on your phone account, and can handle a Spanish conversation. I hope this helps you a bit. It would surprise me very much that there would not be a bus service...
DE6A87B6-5084-4D9F-B663-01677A3E0373.pngAEC64B57-6959-4D5F-860B-27F67C7E7B0F.png

I am walking from Leon to Santiago in May (2022) but do to time constraints have to bus or taxi from O'Cebreiro to Sarria. Rome2Rio indicates a 15:15 bus but when I expand on the page it is not listed for the date I need (May 13). Any recommendations on getting from O'Cebreiro to Sarria? I see there are some threads about this subject but all are a few years old... not sure how to link my question to another thread...
Schedules from Pedrafita do Cerebrio here: https://empresaportomarin.com/noticias/rutas

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Please note that the weekday buses cited by Tincatinker above leave from
Pedrafita do Cerebrio which is roughly 4 km from O Cebreiro. O Cebreiro is on the Camino Frances; however Pedrafita do Cerebrio is not.

I could definitely think of two other walking days I would give up. I think the walk from O'Cebreiro to Sarria is beautiful. Some other suggestions for saving two walking days:
1) The walk out of Leon through the industrial is one of my least favorite. You could start in La Virgen del Camino (easy bus from central Leon) this saves 1/2 day.
2) Later cab from Molineseca to Ponferrada, visit the castle and then bus or cab to Cacabelos. If this isn't enough you could go on to Villafranca del Bierzo. If you were walking in the fall, I wouldn't want you to miss the walk through the vineyards before Villafranca, but they will be sticks in May.

Please note that the weekday buses cited by Tincatinker above leave from
Pedrafita do Cerebrio which is roughly 4 km from O Cebreiro. O Cebreiro is on the Camino Frances; however Pedrafita do Cerebrio is not.
Correct, the only thing to add which might help is that it is all downhill from O Cebreiro and you could walk on the road or there is a slightly shorter track. You can also taxi down the hill.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
the bus pulls in right across front the Xunta in O'Cebreiro ( municipal albergue) on the road side. All the bus times are posted on the 'notice board' in the lobby; last time I used it it was only a couple of 'euros' to Sarria. I once made the mistake of walking downhill to Pedrafita (4k ) only to discover that the bus pulled right up outside the Xunta. One of the most beautiful parts of the Camino Frances. Check out the church in O'Cebreiro; beautifully atmospheric; ancient and red candles every where; I went to mass there one evening in January and the power went out; the light from the burning red candles flickering and shadowing the stone walls was enchanting! buen camino Brendano.

I could definitely think of two other walking days I would give up. I think the walk from O'Cebreiro to Sarria is beautiful. Some other suggestions for saving two walking days:
1) The walk out of Leon through the industrial is one of my least favorite. You could start in La Virgen del Camino (easy bus from central Leon) this saves 1/2 day.
2) Later cab from Molineseca to Ponferrada, visit the castle and then bus or cab to Cacabelos. If this isn't enough you could go on to Villafranca del Bierzo. If you were walking in the fall, I wouldn't want you to miss the walk through the vineyards before Villafranca, but they will be sticks in May.
I want to stay at hotel in Cacabelos how far from Leon is that?? Is it on camino?
Thank you
Tiffany

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back