• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best way to get from Santiago Airport to Sarria

xmogulhopr

Time of past OR future Camino
First will be in October 2017
Hello All,
Looking for advise on getting from the Santiago Airport to Sarria by bus or by reasonably priced taxi. I arrive on Oct. 23 at 8:40 am and would like to get to Sarria in time to be able to see some of the city as I will begin hiking the following day. Thanks for any advise!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Take the bus from the airport to Lugo, and transfer to the bus to Sarria.

Is there a bus terminal at the Santiago airport? Is there a site that I can view the bus schedules?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Not a bus terminal, just a stop. This is a provincial airport, everything is quite evident. See here For schedules, see Empresa Freire
I suggest you use the "search" option in this forum (above, right). The "Santiago airport to Sarria" threads has lots of posts.
Buen camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Not a bus terminal, just a stop. This is a provincial airport, everything is quite evident. See here For schedules, see Empresa Freire
I suggest you use the "search" option in this forum (above, right). The "Santiago airport to Sarria" threads has lots of posts.
Buen camino!
No , you walk out the airport and there are several busstops.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino,Peter.

Buen camino!
Thank you Felipe!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks! My 1st Camino
When I was going on my first Camino, in 2015, I arrived in Madrid and sat around for some time before hopping a flight to Pamplona, then took a taxi to the bus shelter, where I then was picked up by a guesthouse owner....It felt like a lot of transfers, and it was.

Getting off a plane and finding a bus--right there!--is going to be easy! Don't over-think it. You can do it!

When I was going on my first Camino, in 2015, I arrived in Madrid and sat around for some time before hopping a flight to Pamplona, then took a taxi to the bus shelter, where I then was picked up by a guesthouse owner....It felt like a lot of transfers, and it was.

Getting off a plane and finding a bus--right there!--is going to be easy! Don't over-think it. You can do it!
Thank you! I am so excited!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The Lavacolla airport has recently been renamed "Rosalía de Castro". It honors a very fine Galega poet.
Would not be nice to call the airport this way in the forum?

Last edited:
The Lavacolla airport has recently been renamed "Rosalía de Castro". It honors a very fine Galega poet.
Would not be nice to call the airport this way in the forum?

Only if it adds to needed information. For instance, the Empresa Freire website refers to the airport as Labacolla airport ... and is a potential source of confusion if you don't know this is Santiago Airport. I'm not sure why Empresa Freire doesn't spell it 'Lavacolla' either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree...that poetry is not a practical thing.
Airports receive usually the name of politicians from the recent present or the historical past. Not that I am against it, but I found remarkable the Galego initiative .
I will personally stand for Lavacolla/Rosalía de Castro airport.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back