• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best way to get to Najera from Madrid Barajas Airport

karlene grange

FinallyGoing!
Time of past OR future Camino
September (2014)
My sister and I are flying into Madrid early am Sept 23. Can anyone recommend best way to get to Najera from airport? Thank you!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi, karlene, welcome to the forum!

I think that the bus is probably the best way. If you arrive in Madrid early in the morning, you will have a lot of time to make it to the Avenida de America bus station to get the bus, which leaves at 3 pm, arriving Najera at 6:45 pm. Looks like there is only one a day (at least, according to what I see online, I could of course be missing something).

To get to the Avenida de America bus station, which is a very large operation, take Bus 200 from the airport. Info here:

http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/A...554326802/City-Buses.html?other=1237554327072

You could also take the metro but the bus is going to be much easier and won't require any changes. You'll have plenty of time to get a bite to eat and walk around the neighborhood, which isn't my favorite part of Madrid but you won't go hungry. Buen camino, Laurie

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Lots of buses from Logrono:
View attachment 21096
Hi, karlene, welcome to the forum!

I think that the bus is probably the best way. If you arrive in Madrid early in the morning, you will have a lot of time to make it to the Avenida de America bus station to get the bus, which leaves at 3 pm, arriving Najera at 6:45 pm. Looks like there is only one a day (at least, according to what I see online, I could of course be missing something).

To get to the Avenida de America bus station, which is a very large operation, take Bus 200 from the airport. Info here:

http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite/A...554326802/City-Buses.html?other=1237554327072

You could also take the metro but the bus is going to be much easier and won't require any changes. You'll have plenty of time to get a bite to eat and walk around the neighborhood, which isn't my favorite part of Madrid but you won't go hungry. Buen camino, Laurie
Check the travel possibilities on www.Rome2Rio.com. Both buses and trains are possibile.

Burn camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you all for info. With your input I have just purchased a couple bus tickets from T4 at airport on Alsa to Logrono, arriving at 5pm. Plenty of buses to Najera from that bus station. Worse case, we stay in Logrono and walk from there! Thanks again. Karlene

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back