• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best way to get to Seville from Santiago

wifeofbath

Hello all,

I'll be doing the camino for the first time this April, and plan on travelling to Seville afterwards to join some friends for the feria.

Any ideas as to the best way to do this? I know I could book a cheap internal flight, but as it's my first time I don't want to set myself a deadline. Price is a bit of a concern - Is it unrealistic to expect a walk-on train fare to be reasonable, and how long would the journey take?

Thanks for any help.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi!

Well, the Feria is 3-8 May. Where and when are you starting from and on which camino? And will you end in Santiago? You will need to calculate that in order to figure out how many days you can walk and be in Sevilla the beginning of May.

I guess if I were you I'd check out bus, train, and plane.

Bus: alsa.es (about 56 euro and takes about 15 hours)(25% discount if booked 15 days in advance)

Train: renfe.es (not sure - no direct train - have to transfer in Madrid, but you could buy this when you are getting close to the end of your camino, or try same-day purchase)

Plane: Iberia or Vueling among others. (Vueling is 65 euro)

Depends how quickly you want to get to Sevilla and how much you want to pay.

Let us know how you get on.

Buen camino!

lynne

I took a bus from Santiago to Seville and it was a wonderful trip!

I posted this information recently, but can't find it so I'll try to reconstruct it.

I took the 8:30 am bus from Santiago to Salamanca.
There was a 3 hour layover, then we caught the bus to Seville.
I don't remember how long the trip was, but it was nice.
The reason the other bus takes so long is because it stops in every little town.
This was the quickest way, plus we traveled during the daylight so I really enjoyed seeing the countryside.

The ticket was approximately the same, around 55 Euro.

It seems like I had to poke around to find that connection.
It wasn't something that showed on the internet schedule.

Pack a lunch for yourself, or get food at one of the many stops.
They stop regularly for toilet.
The bus is lovely, with large viewing windows, and quite comfie.

I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back