• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

best way to SJPP from Paris

Evita

Time of past OR future Camino
camino frances start SJPP 15. may 2018
Hello my name is Eva from Iceland. Have done the camino twice. Always taken a train and bus from Paris. Now I am planning okt this year. Want to fly from charles de gauele to ? what is best to do if anyone know? bon camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
To fly, there are flights from CDG (Paris Charles de Gaulle) to BIQ (Biarritz). Lots of flights come into BIQ.

From there, it is the airport bus to Bayone rail station and then the train to SJPP. Very simple

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Train from Paris Montparnasse - Bayonne - SJPDP
worked like a charm
Ditto, Anhalter. Bayonne is a charming and welcoming city. After the flight to Paris (from Seattle) then the train from Montparnasse, I spent two nights there while shaking off jet lag before heading to SJPdP. Bayonne's river, the Nive, is the same river that flows through SJPdP.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi @Evita! Looking at flight connections from Keflavik to Biarritz for early October, I see that they propose flights where you change planes in Paris either at Charles de Gaulle or at Orly. KEF-CDG/ORY-BIQ can be faster than KEF-CDG/CDG-BIQ.

The transfer from CDG to Orly is very doable, the best option is taking the shuttle bus. There is info about this on the forum in earlier threads.

The best way is walking, though I suppose that's not your question.

As Anhalter said, "Train from Paris Montparnasse - Bayonne - SJPDP".

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If you want to get to SJPdP the quickest, fly to Biarritz and then arrange transport with Express Bourricot.
I took that approach and it worked like a charm. Best part was when Carolyn (spelling?) from Express Bourricot found me in a crowd of people at the airport and said (not asked), "You are one of my pilgrims!" I was impressed, especially since I had my backpack in a larger duffle bag. I take that back: The best part was listening to her share her knowledge of the Basque Country on the ride to SJPdP.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back