• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best Wishes to Pilgrims starting from SJPDP on May 19

BobM

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
V Frances; V Podensis; V Francigena; V Portugues; V Francigena del Sud; Jakobsweg. Jaffa - Jerusalem
I started my pilgrimage from SJPDP to Santiago on May 19, 2007. Near the May 19 anniversary each year since, I have been in the habit of wishing other pilgrims well on their journies.

And so it is for 2010. My thoughts will be with you all once again. I hope everything goes well for you.

As for myself, in mid-July I will start walking from Conques to SJPDP to complete the Le Puy route that I started last year from Le Puy.

Bob M

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Thank you for your kind wishes :) I am starting on May 19th from SJPP!

All the best to you too :)

Marianna

Coquelicot said:
Thank you for your kind wishes :) I am starting on May 19th from SJPP!

You will have a fantastic experience, Marianna :D Even when things are difficult, you will never be alone. The kindness of fellow-pilgrims and the thoughts of those who have gone before will be a real help.

The Camino is something to treasure and to learn from long after it is over. In the mind, it is never really over.

And walking in spring! How wondeful it is to walk when new life is just bursting forth from the earth - wildflowers of all colours, tiny little grapes just forming, luscious cherries ripening as you get closer to Santiago, birds frantically chirping from the hedges and nest building, fieldmice skittering about in the undergrowth.

Anyway, I hope you will find a moment or two to keep us all posted on your progress.

Bob M

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Congratulations to everyone who started in SJPDP on May 19 and who have arrived at Santiago.

Here is a quote from "A Journey to Portugal" by Jose Saramago, Nobel Laureate, who died recently at the age of 87:

"The end of one journey is simply the start of another. You have to see what you missed the first time, see again what you already saw, see in springtime what you saw in summer, in daylight what you saw at night, see the sun shining where you saw the rain falling, see crops growing, the fruit ripen, the stone which has moved, the shadow that was not there before. You have to go back to the footsteps already taken, to go over them again or add fresh ones alongside them. You have to start the journey anew. Always".

Best wishes to you all.

Bob M

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back