• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Betanzos to Hospital Bruma alternatives

Walsh Camino

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2012, 2014, Norte/Primitivo 2017, 2022
Just finished the stage from Betanzos to Hospital Bruma on Camino Inglés. We took two days as we have been enjoying an extended Inglés. I often consult Gronze to get basic info about a route as well as others and usually find it helpful. Yesterday we took the alternative route as recommended by Gronze between Cos and Presedo. It was not well marked but Mapy.cz made it doable and it is a very nice option to walking on the road.
So today, we followed the enGronze recommend out of Leira to Hospital de Bruma. Yikes! Practically no markers and unfortunately the trail was near impassable due to high grass and bramble. Otherwise it would be a beautiful alternative and includes a stop at Casa Julia.
My hope is that Gronze would reconsider marking this as a recommend.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Just finished the stage from Betanzos to Hospital Bruma on Camino Inglés. We took two days as we have been enjoying an extended Inglés. I often consult Gronze to get basic info about a route as well as others and usually find it helpful. Yesterday we took the alternative route as recommended by Gronze between Cos and Presedo. It was not well marked but Mapy.cz made it doable and it is a very nice option to walking on the road.
So today, we followed the enGronze recommend out of Leira to Hospital de Bruma. Yikes! Practically no markers and unfortunately the trail was near impassable due to high grass and bramble. Otherwise it would be a beautiful alternative and includes a stop at Casa Julia.
My hope is that Gronze would reconsider marking this as a recommend.
They may if you send them your comments. Gronze are always grateful for updates from pilgrims on the ground. Of course there is always the hope that the local authority will send “Strimmerman!” through sometimes soon

I’m walking the old routes too. The one between Fene and Pontedueme has had all the stone markers and shell tiles removed. They still showed up in the Google map street views, but have been physically removed. All but the first yellow painted arrows are still there, but I did need to consult the map routes in several places. Everything was passable as most unpaved roads are still used. I’m considering taking the new route because it sure was nice between Pontedueme and Mino to have so many official markers.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back