• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Betanzos to Hospital de Bruma

Camino Bear

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles August 2016
Camino Frances June 2017 (SJPP to Logrono)
So does anyone know if there is private accommodation anywhere in between Betanzos and Hospital de Bruma? We would be walking with our 1 year old so staying at the Preseo Alburgue is not really a good choice (although we stayed there in 2016 when we walked the Ingles without a baby and loved it!). We definitely need to break up that stage so hoping we find something. I just bought the newest Johnny Walker guide (and it will have to ship to the States) but the older one does not show anything.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
So does anyone know if there is private accommodation anywhere in between Betanzos and Hospital de Bruma? We would be walking with our 1 year old so staying at the Preseo Alburgue is not really a good choice (although we stayed there in 2016 when we walked the Ingles without a baby and loved it!). We definitely need to break up that stage so hoping we find something. I just bought the newest Johnny Walker guide (and it will have to ship to the States) but the older one does not show anything.

There is a hostal rural off route in As Casas Novas but I imagine a taxi can be called.

I also know pilgrims who booked two nights in Betanzos and arranged a taxi to drive them halfway and pick them up the end of the day.

Good luck!

Thank you for your response! I am concerned that since we will not have a car seat, that a cab will not want to shuttle us. Of course, it is always best practice to use a car seat anyhow. Not sure if that will be an option for us.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you for your response! I am concerned that since we will not have a car seat, that a cab will not want to shuttle us. Of course, it is always best practice to use a car seat anyhow. Not sure if that will be an option for us.

The people at Hotel Garelos in Betanzos are really friendly. You could mail them and explain them your situation?

You may also want to check VRBO and/or Airbnb. We found an apartment in Sto. Domingo de la Calzada when everything else was booked. I walked the Inglés last June, unfortunately not much on that stretch. Good luck.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you! You're right, can't hurt to look on Bookings or Airbnb. But I also remember that stretch not having much in way of accommodation.

You may also want to check VRBO and/or Airbnb. We found an apartment in Sto. Domingo de la Calzada when everything else was booked. I walked the Inglés last June, unfortunately not much on that stretch. Good luck.

That hotel off route explicitly writes on the Gronze site : " Recogen en coche en el camino a los peregrinos que lo solicitan. " So yes they do pick up pilgrims by car if asked.

Try Costa de Egoa, a lovely casa rural. It is off the camino a bit but they may be able to pick you up. They have a child so they may have a car seat, too.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
in 2018 we stayed 2 nights with Antonio at Meson Nova mesonnovo@mesonnovo.com
The deal was that if we stayed 2 nights, Antonio would collect us from the Camino at the end of the first day from Betanzos and drop us back the following morning. On that day we walked to the Hotel for our second nights stay. Each leg was about 14km
The day after, to Siguerio was the longest day at about 24km.

Thank you for the info!

The deal was that if we stayed 2 nights, Antonio would collect us from the Camino at the end of the first day from Betanzos and drop us back the following morning. On that day we walked to the Hotel for our second nights stay. Each leg was about 14km

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We stayed in Ordes two nights at Hostel Nogales. We cabbed each night and didn’t even try albergues because they are small and we were slow and finished later in the pm. We met Maria the cab driver through Begonia, the desk clerk at Hotel Garralos in Betanzos. Maria is fabulous! She showed up at the right time, knew a bit of English and knows the countryside. +34 600 41 55 01.
This made our walk stress free and we met a local - always something good!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I walked the Camino Ingles in September 2019 and loved it! There is an albergue just before Presedo which could break your walk from Betanzos to Hospital de Bruma into two manageable sections. According to John Brierley's book, the albergeue would be about 11 km out of Betanzos. I did not stop at the albergue since my plans were to walk all the way to Bruma in a single day. However, there was a wonderful cafe in Presedo where we stopped for coffee and lunch. That gave us plenty of fuel and energy for the long and steady climb to Bruma.

Good question about breaking up this section. A taxi might be your best option, as stated already.

I also stayed at Meson Novo and arranged a pickup via Antonio who sent his son to pick up and subsequently dropped me off at Hospital de Bruma next day. Antonio refused payment for the taxi service. I attended his bar and ate simple Tapas (lage potions more like a raccion) for my evning meal. The hotel rooms were simple and clean and cheap.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I walked the Camino Ingles in September 2019 and loved it! There is an albergue just before Presedo which could break your walk from Betanzos to Hospital de Bruma into two manageable sections. According to John Brierley's book, the albergeue would be about 11 km out of Betanzos. I did not stop at the albergue since my plans were to walk all the way to Bruma in a single day. However, there was a wonderful cafe in Presedo where we stopped for coffee and lunch. That gave us plenty of fuel and energy for the long and steady climb to Bruma.
The albergue is in Mi~no. (Sorry, can’t get the right character.)

I can also strongly recommend hotel Canaima opposite Meson Novo.

Also a free pickup service.
And they serve full meals in the restaurant.

Thank you everyone for the ideas! I'm going to reach out to a few of the hotels mentioned. I'm think we may need to bring a car seat with us (with a traveler case) and pay for the Correos to move it to each stage for us. Might be the safest and simplest way to take advantage of the hotel owners who will take us through to each stage.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back