• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Between Valencogne and Le Pin

AJGuillaume

Pèlerin du monde
Time of past OR future Camino
Via Gebennensis (2018)
Via Podiensis (2018)
Voie Nive Bidassoa (2018)
Camino Del Norte (2018)
On the stage between Valencogne to Le Pin, I encountered another discrepancy between the iPhiGéNie map and what is signposted.
At the place called Brandoux, the map shows the GR65 following the road straight to Les Allex, turning right at Brandoux.
The signposting makes you take the path to the left. You then take a path to the right and follow the path until you get back to the road just before Les Allex.
It is longer, but gives you better views of Lac de Paladru, and keeps you out of the way of mountain bikes.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Of course it is longer. That is the purpose of the GR - sport! I remember looking down on a road as I scrambled along a path that wound its way up and round what seemed like a mountain. I could see the road went straight from a to b in a flat short line, and my path went from a to c to d to e and eventually to b. Yes, it did avoid the road. On which there were no cars! ;););)

Not that I have walked from Geneva - but I have walked a few of the other GRs. Would love to do it one day btw.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back