A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Beware of the Ides of June!

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
A quick jolt back into reality, tonight at 1900 Spain vs Portugal Mondiale. I know, I know, pilgrims are not supposed to be so interested in football but don't be surprised if your pilgrim menu takes a bit longer to get to your table and later in the evening sounds of great rejoicing and shouts in the street or those of fear and a great gnashing of teeth. You have been warned.

Advertisment

jeffnd

Camino(s) past & future
March/April 2014
I didn't realize how big soccer was until I was O Pedrouzo and the albergue let us stay out past curfew to watch a game at the bar.

Camino(s) past & future
Francés (Spring '17)
Primitivo (Spring '18)
TBD (2019)
As an FYI, I believe the game starts at 20:00 (8pm) in Spain (19:00 in Portugal).

Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. 2019? Who knows! ;-)
A quick jolt back into reality, tonight at 1900 Spain vs Portugal Mondiale. I know, I know, pilgrims are not supposed to be so interested in football but don't be surprised if your pilgrim menu takes a bit longer to get to your table and later in the evening sounds of great rejoicing and shouts in the street or those of fear and a great gnashing of teeth. You have been warned.
Oh yes! :D

Camino(s) past & future
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean 2017.
Or you can celebrate the end of Ramadon the Muslim Holy month. Experienced it in Zanzibar back in 2011 very eye opening,. Cheers

Advertisment

Devon Mike

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Finisterre & Muxia (2014, 2015, 2016 & 2018), Primitivo & Ingles (2017)
A couple of years ago I stayed in an Albergue where the Hospitalero had a large TV screen to watch a European football final between Athletico Madrid and Real Madrid.

He gave everyone free drinks while we watched the match!!

diterry

Camino(s) past & future
First Camino April-May 2017
67A09B54-93EE-4A7F-BE5E-40A267EF83A0.png

TulaB

Camino(s) past & future
Porto to Santiago de Compostela June 2018
We are in Porto and watched the game on a big screen with thousands of fans. A great experience. Very fun!

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.5%