A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Beware weekend 12 October!

0 Euro Camino Bank Note
Camino(s) past & future
Francés, Plata, Levante, Norte (part) and Primitivo, 2016 Catalan 2017 Lana (part) Madrid
Saturday 12 October is Spain’s national holiday. If that weekend you are passing through places that attract a lot of tourists, you would do well to book accommodation in advance. Obviously albergues catering solely for peregrinos would not be affected. In addition, expect restaurants to be crowded and to be charging higher prices.

Since 12 October falls on a Saturday, public administrations and some businesses might compensate their employees by giving them Friday 11 off, thus creating a "puente". But not living in Spain I cannot say for sure.

C clearly

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016). Seville-Astorga (Mar 2017). Mozarabe (Apr-May 2018)
Thanks for pointing this out! A couple of days ago, I booked a hotel for the nights of Oct 11 and 12, so we can have a rest day and sightseeing in Vitoria Gasteiz. I was a little surprised that at least one hotel I checked wass were fully booked, even on their own websites. Now I'm glad I reserved!

shagbarkr

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2018)
Thank you for the information. Will the bus system be operational on 12 October? We are specifically interested in the route from Fisterra to Santiago de Compostela.

frjuliangreen

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Inglés 2018
Camino Portugués 2019
Camino Sanabrés 2020
Thanks for pointing this out! A couple of days ago, I booked a hotel for the nights of Oct 11 and 12, so we can have a rest day and sightseeing in Vitoria Gasteiz. I was a little surprised that at least one hotel I checked wass were fully booked, even on their own websites. Now I'm glad I reserved!
Good luck with sightseeing in Vitoria Gasteiz

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
E Via de la Plata 4
ivar Via de la Plata 10

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 265 24.4%