• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Biarritz Airport Hotel & Bus to Bayonne

kay lee

Time of past OR future Camino
St Jean to Santiago (2012, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2019)
Via Francigena (2018); Via Podiensis (4-6, 2020)
Hello everyone,

I always went directly from Biarritz to St. Jean by Bourricot Express, but this time it will be late and I want to stay overnight in the Briarritz Airport area. I see a few hotels nearby but none right at the airport. Have you tried any of them? Did you walk to the hotel through the parking lot and along the highway, or is there a convenient shuttle bus from the airport? Did you take a taxi and was the driver okay with such a short ride?

From this airport area, did you ever take a bus to the train station in Bayonne? On Google maps and on Rome2rio, the bus stops seem to be steps away via the highway. Were they okay to walk to? Some bus routes seem to end well before the Bayonne train station. If you didn't speak French, how were you able to determine where to get off?
Thank you for any and all responses. I love this forum!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I stayed at the Inter Hotel Amarys which is a 2 minute walk from the airport, it’s very easy to get to and the staff are very helpful. Breakfast is hearty and the bar/restaurant serves up excellent local food and drinks. I shall stay there again this year without hesitation.

Also, across the main road from the hotel is a bus stop, you can catch a bus from there to biarritz train station and then onward to SJPDP. I found it very straightforward.

I’m sure there are other ways of doing it but that’s my little offering :)

BC.

Attachments

• A43749E8-BA5A-4A28-A997-D9DE7E5E10BB.jpeg
    A43749E8-BA5A-4A28-A997-D9DE7E5E10BB.jpeg
    931.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 9AD3095A-4041-45D8-88ED-41EF8A57EC15.jpeg
    9AD3095A-4041-45D8-88ED-41EF8A57EC15.jpeg
    673.5 KB · Views: 22
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I stayed at the Inter Hotel Amarys which is a 2 minute walk from the airport, it’s very easy to get to and the staff are very helpful. Breakfast is hearty and the bar/restaurant serves up excellent local food and drinks. I shall stay there again this year without hesitation.

Also, across the main road from the hotel is a bus stop, you can catch a bus from there to biarritz train station and then onward to SJPDP. I found it very straightforward.

I’m sure there are other ways of doing it but that’s my little offering :)

BC.
Thank you very much for your response! The bus timetable is very nice. I noticed the bus company's online site is also quite useful.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Anglet airport serves both Biarritz and Bayonne.
For ease of getting to Saint Jean Pied de Port it would be best to spend the night in Bayonne and travel to SJPdP the next morning.

In Bayonne the simple
Hotel Monte Carlo is good inexpensive choice located opposite the rr station. Nice cafe and resto also. Here is their web .

From Biarritz airport (Anglet) take a Chronopost bus 14 to the BAYONNE rr station (Gare SNCF).
Travel time is roughly 30 minutes.

At Bayonne station take a regional TER line 62 train to SJPdP.

Generally there are several TER line 62 trains from Bayonne to SJPdP each day.
For current schedule see
https://www.ter.sncf.com/aquitaine

Bon voyage and Buen camino!

Anglet airport serves both Biarritz and Bayonne.
For ease of getting to Saint Jean Pied de Port it would be best to spend the night in Bayonne and travel to SJPdP the next morning.

In Bayonne the simple
Hotel Monte Carlo is good inexpensive choice located opposite the rr station. Nice cafe and resto also. Here is their web .

From Biarritz airport (Anglet) take a Chronopost bus 14 to the BAYONNE rr station (Gare SNCF).
Travel time is roughly 30 minutes.

At Bayonne station take a regional TER line 62 train to SJPdP.

Generally there are several TER line 62 trains from Bayonne to SJPdP each day.
For current schedule see
https://www.ter.sncf.com/aquitaine

Bon voyage and Buen camino!
Thank you for the alternative options information.

Hello everyone,

I always went directly from Biarritz to St. Jean by Bourricot Express, but this time it will be late and I want to stay overnight in the Briarritz Airport area. I see a few hotels nearby but none right at the airport. Have you tried any of them? Did you walk to the hotel through the parking lot and along the highway, or is there a convenient shuttle bus from the airport? Did you take a taxi and was the driver okay with such a short ride?

From this airport area, did you ever take a bus to the train station in Bayonne? On Google maps and on Rome2rio, the bus stops seem to be steps away via the highway. Were they okay to walk to? Some bus routes seem to end well before the Bayonne train station. If you didn't speak French, how were you able to determine where to get off?
Thank you for any and all responses. I love this forum!
Took the bus straight from airport to Bayonne. ...1 Euro in 2012

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
There are lots of different combinations. My preference is to spend the night in Bayonne, which has a wide choice of hotels and restaurants. Bus C (referred to by Dougie1982valley) will take you from the airport to Bayonne Mairie (Bayonne Town Hall - the buses have screens on board which tell you the name of the next stop, and a voice announces it, too.)

Bus 14 (per mspath) also goes there, by a different, and less direct, route. (No longer goes to Bayonne Gare.) In either case, it's a short and pretty walk across the bridge over the River Adour to Bayonne station and a number of cheap hotels. (I have stayed in The Cote Basque, which was good.) You can see the bridge from the Mairie.

Timetables (in English) here.

If you don't speak French, smile winningly and ask "Bayonne Gare, s'il vous plait?" and someone will direct you.

Have a good trip!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back