• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Biarritz Airport to Biarritz train station?

aixaolivera

Hello Forum Friends,
I will be flying into Biarritz this month and need to get to the train station in order to get to SJPDP. Apparently there are no buses that will take me to the station from the airport. What would be the best way to get to the station, and will it be costly?

Can I walk to the station? Any tips, info will be greatly appreciated.

Aixa :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
This was my route as well. Right outside the airport you will find a string of taxis. It was a short, speed trip, about 8-10 minutes of winding streets. I don't actually remember the cost, which tends to make me think it was a fair price.

Hello Aixa.

The train to SJPDP goes from BAYONNE station, which is near Biarritz not in Biarritz

There is normally a bus that runs from Biarritz airport to Bayonne station, it runs right from the door to the airport. Its inexpensive and takes about 30 mins (from Memory).

You said that apparently there are no buses? Has something changed?

You could always get a taxi , but I don't know what the cost would be. It could not be very much as the distance is short.

Its about 6 to 7 kilometers, so just over an hour walk should do it on avarage.

(the bus situation still has me puzzled .... laugh)

Take care

Pablo

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
the taxi is about 20 euros,the bus I believe is the number 6-left of the doorway out 2/3 euros--you are bound to find other people at the bus stop to share a ride if time is important. the taxi rank is opp the bus stop
Ian

I am also flying in this month. I decided to go with express bourricot. See http://www.express.bourricot.com. You can information on the hostel site of l'esprit du chemin. Another traveller is coming in and will share the ride with me. So from the airport to SJPDP will cost me €33. far less trouble. The more you can find to share the taxi, the cheaper it will be.

Thank you ALL for your responses! Great help.
Working on plan A (Express Bourricot), but if that fails through, plan B (bus, train) should work! :)

Aixa
xo

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi.. is it advisable to book train from Bayonne to SJPDP in advance?
Date is the 17th July.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi guys, I have read lots of peoples ideas on getting from Biarritz airport to the Biarritz train station, some say taxi’s, some say bus but has any one considered walking from one to another, if I am right it is around 1.4 miles and takes around 30 minutes to walk to Barritz railway station, I have attached a map below, I hope what I am saying is correct as I will be doing this myself 14 th May 2019, please let me know if I have got this wrong. Peter.52657

Hi guys, I have read lots of peoples ideas on getting from Biarritz airport to the Biarritz train station, some say taxi’s, some say bus but has any one considered walking from one to another, if I am right it is around 1.4 miles and takes around 30 minutes to walk to Barritz railway station, I have attached a map below, I hope what I am saying is correct as I will be doing this myself 14 th May 2019, please let me know if I have got this wrong. Peter.View attachment 52657
Hi! You want to walk from Biarritz airport to BAYONNE train station. It is just over 5 km. I nearly did it last time but the bus arrived so I changed my mind.
If you are not pressed for time, very do-able methink.

Hi! You want to walk from Biarritz airport to BAYONNE train station. It is just over 5 km. I nearly did it last time but the bus arrived so I changed my mind.
If you are not pressed for time, very do-able methink.

Now I am confused, is there a railway station at Biarritz and Bayonne????

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Yes - there is a train station at Biarritz, but to get to St-Jean-Pied-de-Port you need the train station at Bayonne.

Yes - there is a train station at Biarritz, but to get to St-Jean-Pied-de-Port you need the train station at Bayonne.

That makes sense, I wrongly thought that Biarritz station and Bayonne station was the same station, however, I have found a train leaving 14.00 from Biarritz railway station but change at Boyonne railway station to go to St. Jean, the walk from airport to Biarritz railway station is 26 minutes, walk to Bayonne railway station is 62 minutes, I hope this helps other fellow pilgrims. 52658

Most read last week in this forum

I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
We are leaving May 4th for the Camino, starting in Ponferrada. I tried online to book the Correos Pac Monchila luggage transfer service and it provided a drop down list box of specific...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back