• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Biarritz Airport to Estella

Carmel O Riordan

Time of past OR future Camino
plan to walk in April 2017
Hello I will be flying into Biarritz on the 19th May and need to get to Estella to start walking from there on the 20th May can you advise the best way to travel to Estella.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
hello I will arrive in Biarritz at 3pm on Saturday 19th May and need to get to Estella so that I can start walking from there on Sunday. I have only one week so I am a little concerned on when to finish walking I was planning on walking for 5 days and will finish on Thursday in Belorado. My return flight is on saturday so i was hoping for a suggestion on where to stay for a night if I leave Belorado on Friday on head back towards Biarritz. I am travelling alone.

Hi @Carmel O Riordan, welcome to the forum. Do you have particular and especial reasons for walking Estella to Belorado? I ask because a quick look at www.rome2rio.com suggests you are setting yourself up for some fairly complex logistics. Both journeys are possible, but complex and you may find that you need 4 days of your week just to get from and to the airport. Conda

If you just want to spend some time on camino then there are a variety of possible routes that you could take while avoiding some of the logistical complexities.

Hi @Carmel O Riordan, welcome to the forum. Do you have particular and especial reasons for walking Estella to Belorado? I ask because a quick look at www.rome2rio.com suggests you are setting yourself up for some fairly complex logistics. Both journeys are possible, but complex and you may find that you need 4 days of your week just to get from and to the airport. Conda

If you just want to spend some time on camino then there are a variety of possible routes that you could take while avoiding some of the logistical complexities.

hello Tincatinker thank you for your reply. I am now a little concerned. I walked for 5 days last year and ended in Estella that is why I now need to go back and start walking from there on Sunday 20th May. If i walk for 5 days hopefully I will finish in Belorado if it is going to be difficult to return from Belorado I will now need to find a location will be easier to access a bus or train station for my return journey. Any suggestions on this. thank you for taking the time to respond i appreciate it.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Amiga, I'm nowhere near my computer at present. Rome2rio is a pretty good resource. Set yourself a couple of hours, use the links, cross check the possible bus and train connections. Don't worry about buying tickets just sit with pen n paper and map out your possibles. Travel on Sunday's / Domingos is always a bit more challenging but it isn't impossible: you'll just need to map all the possibles and plan accordingly.
Doing the Camino in stages unlike we privileged few who can take our 5-8 weeks whenever the fancy takes us is not easy. Hats off to you for trying. Burn Caminos

Is there a possibly for you to fly to and from Bilbao?

I have caught a bus from Viana, that passed through Estella, back to Pamplona. Changed buses there to go to Biarritz airport. The first was an ALSA, can't remember the other.
If you can do it one way I imagine you can do the reverse. Apart from nearly getting trapped in the luggage compartment it was a relatively stress free journey.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Is there a possibly for you to fly to and from Bilbao?
hello Biarritzdon I have booked my flight to Bayonne. I might now try and get from Bayonne to Pamplona and start walking the following day from there. I need to take the time to look at Rome2Rio website and try and plan. If I walk for for 5 days I will need to return from Najera.

hello Biarritzdon I have booked my flight to Bayonne. I might now try and get from Bayonne to Pamplona and start walking the following day from there. I need to take the time to look at Rome2Rio website and try and plan. If I walk for for 5 days I will need to return from Najera.
Why not just start from Biarritz Airport and walk the Camino Norte. Depending on what time you arrive at BAB, there is a hostel not far from the train station on the path or you could continue down the corniche and find lodging. In 5 days you could possibly get as far as Deba or Guernika and be close enough to Bilbao to catch a bus back to Biarritz. Just and idea!

Hello Biarritzdon thank you so much for your reply I think that may be a great idea. Can I ask you where do I starting point be I will arrive in Bayonne at 2.30pm on the Saturday. Thank you once again for your help.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
There is an HI Hostel located in the neighborhood La Negresse not far from the train station, it is south of the airport. A little farther away is Bidart, a small town with a hotel near the center of town. There are sporadic yellow arrows which might help you find your way, once you reach the hostel you are pretty much at the starting point of the Camino Norte in France. After Bidart you can walk on to St. Jean de Luz, Hendaye and Irun at the Spanish border. You can also take a train from Biarritz to the border or the 816 bus from the airport.

There is an HI Hostel located in the neighborhood La Negresse not far from the train station, it is south of the airport. A little farther away is Bidart, a small town with a hotel near the center of town. There are sporadic yellow arrows which might help you find your way, once you reach the hostel you are pretty much at the starting point of the Camino Norte in France. After Bidart you can walk on to St. Jean de Luz, Hendaye and Irun at the Spanish border. You can also take a train from Biarritz to the border or the 816 bus from the airport.

hello biarritzdon and Tincatinker so much for your reply and advice I really appreciate your replies.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
hello biarritzdon and Tincatinker so much for your reply and advice I really appreciate your replies.
Dear Carmel O Riordan,
May I know what you finally did for your Camino? I have the same situation. I walked for five days last year and ended in Ayegui/Estella. I would like to continue from there towards Belorado (for another 5-day walk). I want to start where I left off. It would be interesting to know whether you decided to start in Estella or somewhere else. Thank you.
Yolanda

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back