• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Biarritz Airport to Hendaye/Irun

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Train from Biarritz station possible, bus is easier and cheaper option.

Attachments

• cg64-transports64-fh105x150-816express-171214.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 73
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Is there a bus or train from Biarritz airport to Hendaye/Irun ?

You should take the airport bus to Bayonne train station, not Biarittz. Don´t take a taxi, they will overcharge you. From Bayonne you can take a train to Hendaye which is just nearby.
I have been there three times. May I ask, where are you going from Hendaye?

You should take the airport bus to Bayonne train station, not Biarittz. Don´t take a taxi, they will overcharge you. From Bayonne you can take a train to Hendaye which is just nearby.
I have been there three times.
Transports64 (line 816) is a fairly new service, the bus starts at the Bayonne Gare and picks up at the BAB Airport and at a small stop in La Negresse about a block from the Biarritz Gare. It runs more often than the trains and is a less expensive way to get to Irun. The train from Bayonne stops in Biarritz on its way to Hendaye, so you can use either station. If you take the train you have to walk to Irun or take the narrow gauge train onward, the bus apparently goes as far as Irun.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We are going to walk over into Irun and then walking on to Bilbao as we only have one week.

OK. I asked because if you planned to travel further there had been other options from Bayonne. From Hendaye it´s just a short walk over the bridge and then you are in Irun. There can be some trouble to find the right way to go beacuse of the little bigger roads so have a good map to follow. I have walked this way once. Have a nice trip and good luck!

I see from the timetable that the 816 to Irun is not very frequent with most departures being early in the day. I'm due in Biarritz Airport at 21.20 on a Sunday which looks too late to get to Irun to start walking on Monday morning.

Maybe changing my flight to the Monday one which arrives at 14.30 might be a better option as then I won't need to stay a night in a hotel in Biarritz.

I see from the timetable that the 816 to Irun is not very frequent with most departures being early in the day. I'm due in Biarritz Airport at 21.20 on a Sunday which looks too late to get to Irun to start walking on Monday morning.

Maybe changing my flight to the Monday one which arrives at 14.30 might be a better option as then I won't need to stay a night in a hotel in Biarritz.

Transdev ATCRB runs hourly. 2153 is the last from Biarritz Airport to Hendaye.
http://www.transports-atcrb.com/

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.