• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Biarritz Airport Transfer??

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I used the same company maybe a decade ago to get from downtown Biaritz (train station) to the airport (to rent a car). Worked really well. But it had nothing to do with SJPdP or the camino (and was long before we thought of doing the camino). Sorry for my limited response....

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Try Express Bourricot in SJPdP. They have service from the airport. Whoever books a taxi, they infill. Normally ends up costing 16 euros each instead of the full 78. Quicker and easier than the bus/train. Don't know where you are flying from.Someone usually has one booked to meet the Ryanair flight from London Stanstead.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello all,

I am just wondering if anyone has used or has heard of this airport transfer service?

http://www.biarritzairporttransfers.com/Biarritz-to-Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port.html

I will need to get to SJPDP from Biarritz on Saturday the 17th and I am wondering if this would be a good option, probably a little more expensive then the train, but quicker and easier perhaps?

Thanks!

Matt.
I just ran a test with this service for your date and this was the reply:

"Hello,
Thank you for your enquiry with Biarritz Airport Transfers. The price for a one-way private transfer for 1 to 8 people for this journey is €120. "

I think this is a bit expensive, you would do better sharing a taxi or just get the bus to Bayonne, €2, and the train/bus to St Jean, €10.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
probably a little more expensive then the train, but quicker and easier perhaps?
You are going to spend forty days walking over mountains and plains, but you want to save a little time and effort at the beginning?:)

Perhaps a more soothing perspective would be to view the three or four hours from the Biarritz airport to SJPdP as a small fraction of the pilgrimage, and spend the taxi money on a nice meal at the start. ;)

Update: I got this reply in answer to a question on pricing.
"
Hello,

€120 is the price for the whole minibus of eight seats. If you are travelling alone then you have the vehicle to yourself. You are welcome to find other people to share the transfer with you but you must inform me of final numbers the day before the transfer."

Thanks everyone, I too received a quote for 120 euros, I will try to see if anyone else is around to help share the cost but I don't think January 17th will be a busy day for pilgrims traveling to SJPDP. I don't think I will use this service if I end up solo, too expensive for my taste and maybe the train would be an experience on it's own.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Travelling by train from Biarritz to SJPP is not complicated. Take a bus (it stops right at the airport) that will drive you to Bayonne station (the "gare"). Don't forget to say "bonjour" to the driver (people in small cities in France appreciate politeness). Buy your unexpensive ticket at the station (no reservation needed) and you are set.
If you have some time before your train travel, remember that Bayonne is much more than a station. Cross the bridge and in 15 minutes you will be in the main square of a picturesque city, with a very ancient and lovely cathedral. Local Basque gastronomy is rightly renowned, especially artisanal fromages and ham; and Bayonne is the official chocolate capital of France. And actually, when you are there you are already in the Camino; there are three lesser known paths from Bayonne to Spain. Start enjoying your travel right after you land in France.
Buen camino!

Last edited:
I'm not sure of your arrival time to Biarritz airport so don't know if it will sync with the bus/train but that was how I got to SJPP. It is a small airport. The bus stop will be right outside the door with a sign - can't miss it. The trains and buses share the same general space. If for some reason the train isn't running, a bus will take you . Inside the Bayonne train station there are a number of agents and it is very well run. Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks everyone, I too received a quote for 120 euros, I will try to see if anyone else is around to help share the cost but I don't think January 17th will be a busy day for pilgrims traveling to SJPDP. I don't think I will use this service if I end up solo, too expensive for my taste and maybe the train would be an experience on it's own.

On 17 January SNCF operates a bus (autocar) from Gare de Bayonne to SJPdP.

SNCF TER 62 schedule
http://cdn.ter.sncf.com/medias/PDF/aquitaine/62-AFFICHE-15_tcm50-35352_tcm50-9053.pdf

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back