• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Biarritz to Longrono?

AussiePilgrim

Hi All. I will be walking The Camino during September. I will arrive by train and overnight at Biarritz. Can anyone tell me how I would get from Biarritz to Longrono?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hey Aussie:

There is an excellent bus service to Logrono from Bilbao (Termibus), several departures every day. Also, there is a bus from Biarritz/Bayona to Bilbao.
I have no actual details though, you must google a bit.

Good luck,
Kerry

Hi Aussi,

I found a difficult way of travelling from Biarritz to Logrono by train:

Depature 08:58 Biarritz train 4071 - international train
Train with couchettes, Reservation must be done, Special tarifs,
Arrive 09:33 at Irun

Departure 10:30 Irun TLG 530 - Talgo
Reservation=must, Special tarifs, Minibar
Arrive 13:30 Castejon de Ebro

Departure 15:41 Castejon de Ebro R 8073 - stoptrain
Arriv 16:37 Logrono

That means a travel-time of 7.39 hrs to get there and you have to switch train twice !!

Maybe http://horarios.renfe.es/hir/ingles.html will give some help!

Buen camino!
Paul

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Aussie and Paulus:

I am 51% convinced it would be the quickest way to use the bus connections, and not by train through Irun.
BTW, I would like to mention the excellent public bus services all over the Camino area. -Which is reassuring when you are afraid you might get into trouble while hiking, healthwise or other. There is always help and transport nearby.

Kerry

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back