• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Biarritz to Saint Jean - Express Bourricot or public transport?

sofronii

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi guys!

As I was asking for more details on how to get from the airport to St Jean, many people were talking about Express Bourricot, I didn't really consider it right away, and thought to keep it as a plan B.
However, it just seems so much easier, and less fuss and drama to take this service for only an additional 10 euro, and it just takes you directly from A to B (I understand prices may vary, depending on how full the van/bus is).
Also, so many people talking about trains being suspended for either weather or strike issues, on what it seems, a regular bases!

So, I guess what I'm asking is: can we clear up here: can I buy the Express Bourricot ticket AT THE AIRPORT or not? I've read one person say that I 'must' buy it online, and I've read another one, saying that buying it at the airport can be actually cheaper?

All advice on which option to take - generally, public transport or Express Bourricot is all very welcome!

Thank you in advance!
Sophia

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I have only used Express Bourricot from Bayonne, but I'm sure it's the same process.
You book online.

If you try to get a ticket at the Airport, the van might already be full.

I'm fairly sure there is no ticket office at the Airport!

They are just a small taxi service.

Express Bourricot will only take you if you have booked online, the cost relates to the number of passengers using that particular mini bus/taxi. I have found them very reliable and the journey time is a lot quicker.
There website will give you all the information and you can actually check the number of passengers on the one you are taking.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Send an email to: contact@expressbourricot.com and if you get the same excellent and swift response from Thierry that I did, you will get an immediate idea of the cost - something that will depend on the number of bookings for that particular flight arrival.
You can then confirm your booking by email and pay the driver in cash - no credit cards accepted.
Euros 21 or less, if four people or more are sharing, is a great deal IMHO.

Send E-B an email providing location for pick up, time and date. Caroline or Maialen will likely respond rather quickly. I dealt with both of them in the last couple of weeks.

If considering a Plan B, find out when a flight arrives in Biarritz from London / Paris etc. Stand outside the airport doors and ask each person with a back pack if they are going to SJPP. Once there are 4 of you, start talking with the taxi drivers, negotiate a price (100 - 130 euro) and split the cost. You will be in SJPP in an hour.

I did this two years ago.

The advantages are, you meet 3 new people right away. If there is an experienced person in the group, they can quickly guide all to the Pilgrim Office. That will get you onto Rue Ciradelle where there is a church, gear store and many hostels / restaurants.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am arriving in Biarritz late Tuesday evening. I have a reservation in Bayonne. The train to from CDG was too early for my flight.I was wondering if I should cancel it and go straight to SJPDP , I do not have a place and it will be late. Thanks for any advice.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
Hola, does anyone know if you can pay for a single municipal bus ride within Santiago city limits by tapping one's contactless payment card, similar to a London bus? Or do you have to purchase a...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back